©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Jon Jones Fails Drug Test...Stripped of Belt!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Unbelievable! He tested positive for Tbol. UFC stripped him of the belt and gave it back to Cormier. Jones is now facing a four year suspension!!

Jon Jones failed a drug test in relation to UFC 214.

The longtime UFC light heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned substance in an in-competition USADA test in relation to his fight with Daniel Cormier on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif., and has been provisionally suspended, sources told MMA Fighting. In that bout, Jones defeated Cormier by third-round TKO to regain the UFC light heavyweight belt.

Jones has been stripped of the title and Cormier will get it back, per TMZ, which was the first outlet to report the news. UFC president Dana White told ESPN that has not been decided yet. The UFC confirmed the Jones positive test in a statement posted to its website.

The drug test sample was collected after weigh-ins July 28, according to a statement from USADA.

TMZ reported that Jones tested positive for the steroid turinabol, which carries a two-year suspension from USADA for first-time offenders and longer for multiple-time offenders. USADA will not confirm the substance unless Jones divulges it himself.

Jones, 30, also tested positive prior to what would have been a bout with Cormier at UFC 200 in July 2016. Jones was pulled from the fight and provisionally suspended three days prior to that event. He was suspended and served a one-year ban by USADA for testing positive for two banned substances, clomiphene and letrozol.

This is the latest in a string of issues Jones has had in recent years, including a felony hit-and-run arrest and DUI. The comeback victory over Cormier last month was supposed to be part of a greater redemption story for Jones.

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), which also has jurisdiction over the matter, confirmed the positive test Tuesday with MMA Fighting.

“The California State Athletic Commission has been made aware of Jon Jones’ test results and is looking into the matter,” CSAC executive officer Andy Foster said. “The Commission takes these matters very seriously and will take any appropriate actions necessary after a thorough review of the situation. As with all fighters, Mr. Jones is entitled to due process and the Commission will work with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to get all of the proper information.”

The UFC released the following statement below Tuesday evening.

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Jones, as it relates to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and future UFC participation. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed the day before Jones’ bout at UFC 214 in Anaheim, CA, and USADA will work to ensure that the CSAC has the necessary information to determine its proper judgment of Jones’ potential anti-doping violation.

Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

The USADA statement reads:

Given that Mr. Jones’ representative has publicly commented on the case, USADA can confirm that he has been notified of a potential anti-doping policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample he provided after his weigh-in on July 28, 2017. Because this is an ongoing case, at this time we are not going to provide any further details.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Damn...Dude can't keep his shit together?!

You would think by now he would at least have figured out what to take, when to stop or how to get passed a test?!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
What a dumbass. I just found this story about him that came out last month. It's got some really priceless quotes in it from him that, in light of his most recent trangressions, are freaking hilarious.

Jon Jones Is Not the Bad Guy You're Looking For | Bleacher Report

This one in particular, talking about his 3 days in jail:

"It was a terrible experience, but it was all I needed," Jones says. "I finally realized at this point in my life how much I took for granted."

Apparently not. What a waste.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Wow! Curious what he popped for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I'm not one to cast stones and I usually don't comment on the MMA stuff but wtf! I mean....Really dude. A multi million dollar fight for the title and he gets popped for Tbol. You mean to tell me his handlers can't figure out before a fight how not to get popped. That's bad. I can see a random test out of nowhere but post weigh-in.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Unreal! This guy is his own worst enemy. Last I had heard the UFC hasn't stripped his belt yet but I'm sure it coming.