©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Jon Jones B Sample Tests Positive Too!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
He's fucked! This is a four year suspension. The Jones/Cormier fight has officially been overturned to a No Contest and Daniel Cormier has been reinstated as the UFC Champion!

This guy could have been looked at as one of the best ever...what an idiot! He's 30 years old so he could still come back but I don't know if the UFC would welcome him back again.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/12/16291440/jon-jones-b-sample-comes-back-positive-for-steroid

Jon Jones’ drug-test failure has been officially confirmed.

The ‘B’ sample taken from Jones in an in-competition collection July 28 in relation to UFC 214 came back positive Tuesday for Turinabol, the steroid Jones tested positive for in the ‘A’ sample, MMA Fighting confirmed with UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky.

ESPN was the first to report the news. A ‘B’ sample not having the same results of the ‘A’ sample is rare.

“Mr. Jones’ B sample has confirmed the A sample findings,” USADA said in a statement through a spokesperson. “Importantly — as previously stated — due process should occur before drawing any conclusions about this matter.”

With the ‘B’ sample confirming the positive test, Jones will now begin his adjudication process with USADA, the UFC’s anti-doping partner. It’s unclear how long that will take. Jones’ disciplinary hearing in front of the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), which also has jurisdiction in the case, is currently in line to be Oct. 17 in Los Angeles, but that could change.

Jones is facing up to a four-year suspension from USADA, since he is a repeat offender. Last year, he tested positive for the banned substances clomiphene and Letrozol and was handed a one-year suspension.

Arbitrators ruled in 2016 that Jones was reckless in taking a sexual-enhancement pill that was contaminated with the two substances. Once again, with this latest test failure, Jones’ team is saying he ingested the steroid unknowingly, possibly via a tainted supplement.

In the main event of UFC 214 in Anaheim, Calif., Jones beat Daniel Cormier to re-gain the UFC light heavyweight title. He has yet to be stripped of the belt, pending the USADA adjudication process. Jones’ victory, though, is likely to be overturned into a no contest by CSAC.

Jones, one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, passed a drug test taken via a blood sample July 29, the day of the Cormier fight. But USADA’s blood tests are complementary to urine ones and this one did not test for Turinabol, which Jones tested positive for in the urine collection taken a day earlier.

He was claiming tainted supplement...we'll see what happens with that.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/14/16308592/jon-jones-breaks-silence-on-positive-drug-test

Jon Jones has always denied knowingly taking any banned substances and in the face of what could be his most costly drug test failure yet, he’s standing his ground.

The 30-year-old UFC light heavyweight is currently embroiled in an ugly steroid case after being flagged by USADA when his urine samples collected July 28 tested positive for the steroid Turinabol. Jones defeated Daniel Cormier the following evening at UFC 214 to win back a UFC championship that he never lost in the cage, but the outcome has been changed to a no contest and the belt returned to Cormier as a result of Jones’ second drug-test failure.

That Cormier bout was supposed to be Jones’ comeback after receiving a one-year suspension last July prior to UFC 200 when he tested positive for clomiphene and letrozole, two substances banned for their potential application in steroid cycles. Jones and his team explained that incident as coming about due to Jones using a tainted sex pill.

On Thursday, a fan implored Jones to come clean on Twitter, to which he swore on his children and his “Heavenly Father” that he is and always has been completely clean:

Dude the truth is I would never do steroids, I put that on my children and I put that on my Heavenly Father https://t.co/i8EEbrQU5x
— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 14, 2017

Jones has written a few cryptic tweets since news of his second USADA violation broke, but this is the first time he has directly mentioned the latest steroid accusations.

He is expected to begin the appeal process soon in the hopes of avoiding a maximum suspension of four years.

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
His career just ended...All over some Tbol:rolleyes:

This guy must have been on a one way road to career suicide. For the life of me I cant understand this any longer. I'd respect Johnny Bones much more if he just spoke the truth. Comment like this just tarnish him more in my opinion:

On Thursday, a fan implored Jones to come clean on Twitter, to which he swore on his children and his “Heavenly Father” that he is and always has been completely clean.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
He'll spend all his money and go broke....especially if he still has that coke addiction.

"Wasted talent" -- Sonny from "A Bronx Tale."

The problem with over-riding the tainted supplement for Jones, is that they'd have to do the same for everybody else who has claimed that 'excuse.' That would cause a lot of heat imo.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
He'll spend all his money and go broke....especially if he still has that coke addiction.

"Wasted talent" -- Sonny from "A Bronx Tale."

The problem with over-riding the tainted supplement for Jones, is that they'd have to do the same for everybody else who has claimed that 'excuse.' That would cause a lot of heat imo.

Well, they would have to test the supplement he claimed did it and then get others from that lot number (if possible) and test those. If that supplement tested positive off the shelf then he could have a case. We'll see.