©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

NFL and the National Anthem?!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
What are your thoughts on this...Before even getting into whether its right or wrong (opinions obviously), Goodell screwed himself by not squashing this when Kapernick did it! Now if he ends it he looks like a bigot if he doesn't the entire NFL just turn d political and the fans aren't seeming to like it much?!

Me personally, the NFL is a job like any other...I have always understood your place of employment should never be used as a political or religious venue...Always been against company policy for the companies I've worked for?!

Protest on your own time!

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I have heard it is already in the rule book they have to stand and face the flag weather true or not, if it is in the rule book then just enforce the rules already there

On a personal note, every one that takes a knee or stays in the locker room is a Piece of Shit low life scum, if you don't like this country than please fucking leave

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I have heard it is already in the rule book they have to stand and face the flag weather true or not, if it is in the rule book then just enforce the rules already there

I heard that today too...I also read an article today that news outlets were told not to camera the fans during the National Anthem on Sunday and Monday...That the focus had to remain on the protest and not the fans disgust for it?!

Appears the fans are more pissed off about it then the media is letting on:naughty1:

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
There is no rule in the 2017 NFL rule book about The National Anthem, however this is in it:

PAGE 23, ARTICLE 8. PERSONAL MESSAGES. Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during post game interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office. Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items approved by the League office, if any, must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, any such approved items must be modest in size, tasteful, non-commercial, and non- controversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
This alone should get them fined or more:

The National Anthem statute now on the books, known as 36 U.S. Code § 301, acknowledges that the Star-Spangled Banner is the official national anthem; and that military members should salute as it plays or is performed, while “all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.” In all cases, the attention given to the anthem should be the same, regardless of the presence of the flag at the location.

These rules and customs are similar to those followed for the Pledge of Allegiance.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
This is going to end up costing the NFL esp if it continues
And in the end the idiot players will be just hurting themselves because less TV money = less pay
I have other thoughts but can't display them here cause I might get banned

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I heard that today too...I also read an article today that news outlets were told not to camera the fans during the National Anthem on Sunday and Monday...That the focus had to remain on the protest and not the fans disgust for it?!

Appears the fans are more pissed off about it then the media is letting on:naughty1:

HA
Love it , I will sign it if I find it, lets see how they like taking down his statue, it offends me anyway so it should be removed !!!!!
Petition to remove Ray Lewis statue from Ravens stadium passes 25,000 signatures

:headbang::D:action-smiley-033::action-smiley-055:

CBS Baltimore
After warning Colin Kaepernick to keep quiet about social activism earlier this year, ​former Ravens great Ray Lewis knelt during the playing of the national anthem Sunday with current members of the team.

Lewis said Tuesday his decision to kneel on both knees was to "simply honor God in the midst of chaos." He was criticized for the anthem demonstration by both Kaepernick supporters and those who believe Lewis and the Ravens were disrespecting the flag.

The latter launched a petition Sunday to remove Lewis' statue from M&T Bank Stadium, saying on Change.org that kneeling during the anthem is "disrespectful, regardless of what you are protesting."

The petition addressed to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has received more than 25,000 signatures as of Tuesday night.

“I took two knees because I have a first amendment right just like everybody else. And when I came out of that locker room, I had choice to make,” Lewis told 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore.

“And look at my fellow players and I looked at these young guys. I’m not in the protesting business, I’m not into this, whatever (Donald) Trump wanna say. I’m not into that mess, but if these young boys doing what they doing, then I got to meet them where they are.”

President Trump created quite a stir in the NFL by calling any player who kneels during the national anthem a "son of a b----" and calling for owners to "fire" those players.

NFL teams responded with a massive display of solidarity Sunday and Monday as players, coaches and owners all locked arms during the anthem to relay a message to Trump that they will not be divided.

“I’m not in the league anymore, so the Trump comments don’t bother me, but they’re so out of order,” said Lewis, a 13-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl MVP who played his entire career with the Ravens.

“You’re just talking about kids, you’re talking about the kids who got mothers, mothers who sacrificed everything and families who sacrificed everything, and now you don’t give us no platform to say nothing on — it just baffles me that he would come out and say something like that.”

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, my thoughts are the same as everybody else that has posted. I find it a total disrespect to those who have served for our country. I get they don't like trump due to certain issues they disagree with, but find a different route to express your dislike...the flag and those who died for it didn't do anything to these people taking a knee. I didn't like Obama, but I'd never disrespect our flag or country due to my own opinion of dislike. Gooddell just needs to enforce the laws in place, unless he agrees with it. It will get worse if he does not act now though.

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
same as you all, i don't watch football for the politics. get out there and do the job youre being paid for!

sunday should be interesting to see if these owners put this to bed and tell their coaches to make sure their
players are out there and standing? these owners are not going to want to keep taking losses in merchandise
sales over something as stupid as protesting the Anthem.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
To me it’s called having morals and respect. That flag doesn’t represent a single person but us as a country and the people that fought for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
If ANYONE OF THEM really gave a shit and wanted to help inspire change...They could easily begin donating some of those millions they make every year back into the communities! The school systems. The parks and playgrounds. More controlled police training. Etc, etc...With what some of these guys make per year they could very easily turn some of these ghetto-stricken communities around in little to no effort!

instead they would rather get their social media visibility, making pretend like they are actually protesting for a cause...As selfish and self-centered as the rest of the sheep in this country!

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
instead they would rather get their social media visibility, making pretend like they are actually protesting for a cause...As selfish and self-centered as the rest of the sheep in this country!

This 100%

Nattydread

Jan 13, 2013
California
I know it’s hard to ask of people, but if fans would sacrifice one Sunday. Not watch or even attended a nfl game it would put a stop to all the BS. Again that is a long shot.

Nattydread

Jan 13, 2013
California
Just to add. I didn’t watch a game at all today. Then again I’m a CHIEFS fan. So I’ll most likely watch tomorrow.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I know it’s hard to ask of people, but if fans would sacrifice one Sunday. Not watch or even attended a nfl game it would put a stop to all the BS. Again that is a long shot.

I 110% totally agree with you! That's how people could make a real stand against this.