©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Falling off the meal plan......

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
For me, when my wife is off all weekend my diet plan falls off the wagon. I will go from eating five to six times a day to two or three. By the time I get back into the gym Monday, I feel like shit. My lifts are down or I'm fighting to get the reps I normally blow through. I have noticed this when I'm prepping for a show but really had no idea it sets in quite so quickly. Monday morning I'm back eating like a BBer and by Tuesday I feel strong and have a high level of energy again. I even look a tick fuller.

How does diet effect your training?

CG

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I rely on a good amount of foods, typically carbohydrates to fuel me. Quick carbs work best for me. I don't feel as full in my muscles without a steady supply of calories. I will notice not only a drop in performance, but anything over 2lbs lost on the scale overnight is a good indicator of a negative physiological indicator.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FeelDaSteel

Banned
Oct 4, 2017
I have fasted every Sunday for as long as I can remember.

During the week I eat 2 meals a day, lunch and super and some fruit
as a sweet treat before bed.

I train DC style usually get to the gym by 5:30am.

My strength is thru the roof on Monday mornings, I always felt it
was because I train Mon-Fri so my rest days are Sat and Sun.

I'm not massive by any means.
5'6" offseason weight is only 208-212.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I am the same with the w/e. Movie night on saturday and a break from everything. If anything it helps my workouts the next day. I usually eat fast acting protein and carbs with some fat about 30 mins pre training. I don't like feeling hungry whilst I train and that small meal before makes my workouts more productive.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
If I break from the diet, I usually eat too much and it helps with strength and recovery when I head back into the gym a few days later...or whenever. Unless I am sick or out working all day in the yard or something, I eat every few hours, even with the family involved. I love food:D

Actually, lately that I have not been going to the gym, I eat around noon, then not again until dinner time later on. That's a whole different story though.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I usually rely on a good amount of carbohydrates spread out through the day. Although I have fasted in the past and training was still good. Most of the time I eat about 1-2 hours before training. If I eat a large meal too close it definitely impacts my training.

gkn525

Sep 11, 2014
Bama
It's unbelievable the energy&strength u get from 4-6 good meals per day.as they say,food fuels the body

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I'm strong all the time, but that's because I'm eating all the shit in the house and getting fat. Lol!
I dieted for so long that I stopped giving a shit. I forgot how to diet now.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I'm strong all the time, but that's because I'm eating all the shit in the house and getting fat. Lol!
I dieted for so long that I stopped giving a shit. I forgot how to diet now.

grizz

Mar 28, 2016
If I fall off the meal plan, it usually means an extra 2k-3k calories any given day. I generally feel great the next day, but if it goes for more than a couple days in a row the junk food catches up and I bloat and feel like ass.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Hey, I fell back on the meal plan. Currently eating cod and rice/ chicken and rice, sometimes hamburger and rice. I add peanut oil to the rice and sometimes a salad. This and a three scoop shake 3X a day.

FastBunny

May 27, 2018
This same thing happens to me.... When I eat twice a day I quickly loose fullness and struggle with the same weight I put up when I eat at least 4x a day.

bigmg

Jan 29, 2013
I can hon stay say I eat and follow my diet best during my work days. I work nights so my sleep and hours awake being productive are very scheduled. So it’s easy for me to eat like I’m suppose to cuz I’m on a schedule. But on my days off is actually when I have to much free time some days and don’t get in all my meals or skip some. And like mentioned above I feel it right away in the gym. And I honestly notice just less fullness in the mirror

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
For me, when my wife is off all weekend my diet plan falls off the wagon. I will go from eating five to six times a day to two or three. By the time I get back into the gym Monday, I feel like shit. My lifts are down or I'm fighting to get the reps I normally blow through. I have noticed this when I'm prepping for a show but really had no idea it sets in quite so quickly. Monday morning I'm back eating like a BBer and by Tuesday I feel strong and have a high level of energy again. I even look a tick fuller.

How does diet effect your training?

CG

I fall into the same thing. My wife doesn't eat healthy and likes to binge so on the weekends I end up falling into her way of eating. I usually watch the scales and see how much weight I gain and then how many days it takes me to drop it kind of like skip load I do think it helps me to be Fuller and Little Bit Stronger but if I don't watch it will turn to fat really easy LOL

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
This thread stands out for me today as I haven't felt well so didn't eat much then had a massive pizza with ice cream. Not ideal but some days it's good to have a break.