©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How many give blood?

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I have never given blood. My hemoglobin/hematocrit have been high once in the past but lowered through lowering doses and time. Now they are in range and I don't have any issues. I am curious how many give blood and how often? I heard when you give blood the body often compensates by increasing blood count afterwards. So guys who give blood tend to have to give it again and again to stay in range. I don't know how true that is but figured it may interest people who are in the upper range and have never given blood. If you have issues with blood count then giving blood should be a priority and it's a good thing to do.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
when i was in drug rehab when i was younger. The weekly visit doc told me my red blood cells and blood volume was too high. i was taking 600mg test cyp a week before i went to rehab. He said as soon as i get out donate blood to relieve the pressure. i didnt do it :(

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
As long as your crit level is 52 or lower it's really not needed. If it goes over then I would do a double red blood cell. For some reason mine doesn't get high unless I'm running short esters.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I tried to give it a few months ago. Found out I’m not eligible and technically am banned for life from donating blood. Always nice to hear that. And especially since it’s not because of anything I did. I grew up in Europe in the 80’s. That’s literally the only reason.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I do every 16 weeks. My shit gets too thick and makes my ears ring if I start pounding the wife all crazy lmfao. Donating blood has helped with erections and just overall heath and well being.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I gave dbl reds a few months ago
It got mee sick as hell - think I am about due again

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
I tried to give it a few months ago. Found out I’m not eligible and technically am banned for life from donating blood. Always nice to hear that. And especially since it’s not because of anything I did. I grew up in Europe in the 80’s. That’s literally the only reason.

they said because you were from Europe that you were banned? did you ask them why?

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
do you guys donate or do the plasma stuff? have a buddy donates plasma every so often... i have no idea what difference is between plasma and blood..i dont dare to ask him..i just say cool.

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
Apheresis is a blood donation method where the blood is passed through an apparatus that separates out one particular constituent and returns the remainder to the donor. Usually the component returned is the red blood cells, the portion of the blood that takes the longest to replace. Using this method an individual can donate plasma or platelets much more frequently than they can safely donate whole blood.[53] These can be combined, with a donor giving both plasma and platelets in the same donation.
Apheresis is also used to collect more red blood cells than usual in a single donation (commonly known as "double reds") and to collect white blood cells for transfusion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_donation#Apheresis

What I gather from that is depending on the type of plasma donation that is performed, your red blood cells may or may not be returned to your body. If they get returned, that would obviously defeat the purpose. So if you go donate plasma, make sure you know what exactly they are extracting. You don't have to worry about that with simple blood donations.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
they said because you were from Europe that you were banned? did you ask them why?

I not from Europe, I just lived there as a child for about 6 years. Military family and all.

Apparently there was an outbreak of mad cow disease in England in the 80’s. That’s the reason. 30 years ago there was an outbreak of a disease that, were I to have contracted it, I would either be dead or be dying of symptoms from it by now.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Never given blood either. Reading the forums I always assumed most guys give blood regularly but it appears it's more mixed than I thought.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
They beg and plead with me to donate plasma because it is what cancer patients need the most. The machine seperates the plasma and returms your red blood cells back to you. I only do a double red blood cell donation as my levels are doubled from the types of AAS I run. With the DRBC donation you get hydrated with an "IV drip" saline water, where as with plasma you do not.

El Hereje

Oct 3, 2017
Only needed to donate when i run EQ or higher deca doses. I don’t do EQ anymore because it turns my blood into syrup. Scary feeling that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
They beg and plead with me to donate plasma because it is what cancer patients need the most. The machine seperates the plasma and returms your red blood cells back to you. I only do a double red blood cell donation as my levels are doubled from the types of AAS I run. With the DRBC donation you get hydrated with an "IV drip" saline water, where as with plasma you do not.

Thanks for posting. If I ever do give blood I will do it that way. I think most of the guys on the forums give blood to lower rbc's so it makes sense.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I do every 16 weeks. My shit gets too thick and makes my ears ring if I start pounding the wife all crazy lmfao. Donating blood has helped with erections and just overall heath and well being.

I thought that was mainly due to blood pressure? I know giving blood can effect blood pressure but it's only temporary.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I apologize for the late response. Been crazy busy lately.

I meant to speak about platelettes when I mentioned plasma, but the process is the same with rbc being returned to you. I just tell them take my damn blood and only give me an iv drip to replace the volume missing.

I really do not know and have not researched to give you a better answer. I do know that it takes the body a few weeks to replace the missing blood cells and thus helps with pressure and heart rate temporarily. I know when using certain AAS my rbc sky rockets and returns quicker than normal. I donate before and after a 16 week cycle. Im curious inregards to hiw it affects the half life of compounds being that im taking blood out. Does it affect PCT time frame, etc? That would be a great bro science experiment. Haha

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I apologize for the late response. Been crazy busy lately.

I meant to speak about platelettes when I mentioned plasma, but the process is the same with rbc being returned to you. I just tell them take my damn blood and only give me an iv drip to replace the volume missing.

I really do not know and have not researched to give you a better answer. I do know that it takes the body a few weeks to replace the missing blood cells and thus helps with pressure and heart rate temporarily. I know when using certain AAS my rbc sky rockets and returns quicker than normal. I donate before and after a 16 week cycle. Im curious inregards to hiw it affects the half life of compounds being that im taking blood out. Does it affect PCT time frame, etc? That would be a great bro science experiment. Haha

Thanks for getting back to me. Some interesting points. I doubt it would make too much difference due to the volume of blood taken out each time. Although it could change certain things but I doubt it would effect results much.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
High RBC is said to thicken blood and the heart has to work harder, although people who live at higher elevations don't seem to have that problem. High iron levels can cause the arteries to oxidize more which can cause stiffening and aging leading to greater chance of blockages So I give about 3 times year to stay in the mid rrange.

Last edited: