©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Estrogen level while on cycle

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
While on cycle is there a maximum level of Estrogen that you would consider acceptable for hormonal balance? Of course aromatization will push the number up .. but is there a threshold ? I am not just talking for the sake of developing sides like gyno but just from a performance point of view (like maximise muscle synthesis etc)?

dexitrim

Donating Member
Oct 24, 2017
Go Seahawks!
While on cycle is there a maximum level of Estrogen that you would consider acceptable for hormonal balance? Of course aromatization will push the number up .. but is there a threshold ? I am not just talking for the sake of developing sides like gyno but just from a performance point of view (like maximise muscle synthesis etc)?

I don't have any scientific references to what I'm about to say regarding your question, only what I've absorbed over the years from reading others opinions and experiences. I've been running gear for 30 years now, but I don't often go and get blood tests to track my e2, especially since I don't suffer from gyno, or other bothersome estro sides. I know that most will say keeping your e2 between 20-30 is optimal, and what the medical community recommends. From what I understand, estro is essential to obtaining higher igf-1 levels, and that estro works in conjunction with testosterone to increase muscle mass. So if you don't suffer severe estro sides, it may help you increase your muscle mass at a faster rate if you allow your estro to rise above the recommended range. Also, from what I understand, the ratio of estro to testosterone is what's important. What that exact ratio is, I don't know, and I'm sure it's an individual thing. So, for example, a guy running 2 grams/wk of test, who tries to keep his estro in the 20-30 range, might have dick issues, etc. because the optimal ratio for him is way off. Likewise, a guy running 200mg/wk of test who's estro is 60-70 might have issues because the ratio is off. Also, pros that are running 5-10 grams/wk of test, certainly aren't going to be able to keep their estro at the 20-30 range unless they are running massive amounts of AI's, which isn't healthy to begin with, and probably not helpful in attaining and maintaining maximum muscle mass in the off-season. Just my $.02, and I'm looking forward to others chiming in with their thoughts and experiences.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012

There’s going to be a certain level of individuality to it. Side effects always have to be taken into account. Some are much more prone to gyno and will simply not be able to allow their E2 to go as high as others, regardless of the performance aspect. To disregard side effects purely for the sake of “maximum gains” is short sighted and potentially dangerous, IMO.