©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Protien overload???

Yardbuck

Mar 8, 2005
Can you over load your system on protien. Right now i drink 2 shackes a day with over 80 grams of protien appeice, that is on top ove what i intake from normal foods like chicken and beef. Is thee a point when enough is enough, am i just wasteing my protien. And if so wht is a good amount of protien per serving.

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
You can get too much and possibly possibly put a strain on your kidneys. I personally do not consume more than 2g per lb of bodyweight, sticking closer to 1.5g per lb.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
jsjs24 said:
You can get too much and possibly possibly put a strain on your kidneys. I personally do not consume more than 2g per lb of bodyweight, sticking closer to 1.5g per lb.

I agree with jsjs. Also, I personally never take more than 50 grams at one given serving. Your body can only produce so much at a time, 80 grams is too much.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
good advice, if you get much more than 40-50 grams at a time it's just wasted. try to space it out at least every 2 hours.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Your body can only handle but so much. What it doesn't need it gets rid of. You'll be wasting alot. Some people use the 1 to 1.5 ratio and eat smaller meals spaced out throughout the day so that your body can consume what it has at that time without wasting but also has room for more throughout your day.