©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Doesnt make sence to me

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
In my log I dropped the chicken and rice going to a hamburger type stew that I'm sure has more carbs and fats in it. What I'm not understanding is why I'm cleaning up so fast? In two days time I have made a noticeable change in my waist line for the better. I'm even drying out.
Care to take a guess?

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Grass feed raised and finished no gmo ostrich, emu, bison or beefalo with less fat compared to farm raised and inbred GMO chicken. Long grain rice still too many carbs compared to pees, corn, lentiles, beans etc.?

Maybe sodium level differences or vitamin/mineral contet.

Idk, but i am curious. Less calories???

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
It hard to form a solid conclusion when it's a matter of a few days. Especially when everything is building up in the body. It is likely one or both of the above. When completely changing diet over night it will usually result in change good or bad.

With all the training and new drugs even if you up food in the short run it can trigger your metabolism over night. So many different things can do the same. Not sure if you have started or increased metfromin or lr3 but both can tighten my waist over night. There are simply too many variables and you would need to carry on the same diet for longer to see exactly what difference it brings.

I think the obvious answer could be the macros of your new diet and them being different. It could be the food sources suit your body better so you are digesting them much faster.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
From reading the article, I would assume my first diet was a severe deficit, therefore making what I'm doing now a refeed?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
From reading the article, I would assume my first diet was a severe deficit, therefore making what I'm doing now a refeed?

That would be my guess based on the limited info in your original post. Chicken and rice tends to be a pretty limited source of calories, even if one eats a ton of it. The stew is likely a much more calorie dense nutritional source, so it becomes a refeed, and your body heavily upregulates your metabolism.

The drugs you are on are likely to play a role in it too, as Elvia pointed out. If the weight loss tapers off or starts going the other direction after a few days, that’s a really good indicator that it was a calorie restriction + refeed scenario (it’s basically just carb cycling). If the weight loss continues while on the new diet, then the dominant factor is likely something other than the diet changes.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
If you knew the exact calories of both diets that would help a lot. Although there is more to things than just calories as the other guys have pointed out.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
need more fat
Fat
Fat
Fat
Your not losing weight - right?
Just gaining muscle?
If you eat a lot of junk food or fats year round then you need more fat.
Have too bring the metabolism Doreen a notch

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Are you doing any thing thyroid related- t3 - t4 - or any thing else for thyroids?
My last run I did some stuff from our old supplier - it ruptured the fast - muscle - every thing off of me - hyperactive thyroid- I turned up having- lost half nny hair on my head - felt like ass
Just wondering?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Squatster, I was thinking the same thing! I'm just afraid of having it sneak up on me. I'm keeping all the fats out of the insulin windows but still, insulin can pound fat on if you don't respect it (fat wise.)

BTW: saw you in Crypto today. I had no idea how deep this rabbit hole is.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I would guess it is the effects from the additional carbs as in a refeed which is great but I wouldn't have guessed that you would see so much of a difference since I'm sure you normal diet had plenty of carbs. Do you think it is possible you are getting this type of benefit since the carbs in your normal diet were being utilized by the insulin?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Jim that's possible. My next diet is going to be a three part stew made of hamburger, beans and potato's. Went shopping with the wife today and got a 20quart pot. The 16quart that I started with just got me through three days. I'm hoping by the much denser mix and being larger to get to five days worth. But this will change as my hunger grows.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Are you doing any thing thyroid related- t3 - t4 - or any thing else for thyroids?
My last run I did some stuff from our old supplier - it ruptured the fast - muscle - every thing off of me - hyperactive thyroid- I turned up having- lost half nny hair on my head - felt like ass
Just wondering?

I love you, man, but you've gotta start proofreading before you post stuff. Sometimes its almost impossible to understand what you're trying to say. :D

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Jim that's possible. My next diet is going to be a three part stew made of hamburger, beans and potato's. Went shopping with the wife today and got a 20quart pot. The 16quart that I started with just got me through three days. I'm hoping by the much denser mix and being larger to get to five days worth. But this will change as my hunger grows.

Are you still losing weight with it?

I wonder what would happen if you switched to a more complex carb, instead of the potatoes?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Sully, I really appreciate you following and making suggestions. Thank you. My next diet will be a much heavier food source. If I go to complex it will stop the insulin surges I'm trying to evoke with the whit potato's. What benefits to this cause do you feel complex could bring?

Because I got this chest cold, I have went off all the water based gear witch is about 90% of it my body weight has dropped to 198lbs. I'm off the diet and in survival mode. Out of nowhere I got a chest cold that would take me down to the ground. They gave me a steroid pack I take 6 the first day 5 the next and on down to the last one. Ya know what did surprise me? What ever is in that is reliving joint pain like a fucking miracle drug.

I'm starting to feel much better but no way am I going to step on the recovery by starting back up again. lol I have no dead line to hit a show. At this point I feel like one of the Budweiser Horses just getting ready for a new commercial. LOL

Last edited:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Sully, I really appreciate you following and making suggestions. Thank you. My next diet will be a much heavier food source. If I go to complex it will stop the insulin surges I'm trying to evoke with the whit potato's. What benefits to this cause do you feel complex could bring?

Because I got this chest cold, I have went off all the water based gear witch is about 90% of it my body weight has dropped to 198lbs. I'm off the diet and in survival mode. Out of nowhere I got a chest cold that would take me down to the ground. They gave me a steroid pack I take 6 the first day 5 the next and on down to the last one. Ya know what did surprise me? What ever is in that is reliving joint pain like a fucking miracle drug.

I'm starting to feel much better but no way am I going to step on the recovery by starting back up again. lol I have no dead line to hit a show. At this point I feel like one of the Budweiser Horses just getting ready for a new commercial. LOL

I was more thinking out loud than anything. I also wasn’t taking into account you were using slin. For what you’re doing, complex carbs probably wouldn’t do much good, if any.

The steroid is probably prednisone. It’s a powerful anti inflammatory that can work wonders for the joints, but only for the short term. Long term use is rife with major side effects, some of which can be worse than the issue they’re trying to treat. I just started a course of it this morning, myself. Got some major back and shoulder issues that are keeping me from sleeping, and the doc thinks that knocking down some of the inflammation in my shoulder joint might allow me to get a few hours of sleep. I don’t have much faith in it, but we’ll see.

Hope you get to feeling better.