©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Smith machine

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Has anyone else ever walked into the gym, seen 450lbs loaded on the Smith Machine with a bench under it and just fell down laughing? I dunno, maybe it’s just me. :banghead:

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Maybe it was a woman or highschool kid ... or dare I say a personal trainer that had a client doing it ������

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
No, I know exactly who it was. There's couple young guys that train together in the evening that all load up a ton of weight and spend 3 hours quarter repping it in between long sets of pumping each others egos up.

It would be comical to watch if they didn't set up shop with their gym bags right in front of the dumbbell racks, sometimes with their bags set on top of the fucking dumbbells, while they went over and used the squat rack for curls, the Smith machine for benchpress, and the leg press for shoulder presses. I shit you not, these guys don't use a single piece of equipment for what it was designed for! I watched them almost kill themselves one day trying to use the dip/leg raise station to do hanging sit ups. It's fucking tragic watching these guys work out.

So every time I walk in and see this stupid shit set up from the night before, I now exactly who it is and it just makes me laugh. I've never seen so many accomplish so little with so many resources available to them. The only plus is the manager told me he overheard them talking about canceling their membership to go over to Planet Fatness when they open next month. Maybe the free pizza, bagels and tootsie rolls will take their gains to the next level.

El Hereje

Oct 3, 2017
Follow gym fuckery on instagram for a daily good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I like the skinny kids who do one arm cable curls and look in the mirror at their 12 inch arms. :p

I just saw this kid the other morning. It was apparently chest and arm day and all he did, besides 20 minutes on the elliptical, was 25 lb dumbbell chest presses and 1 plate cable curls. :headbang: I was secretly jealous. I wish I cared so little that I could be satisfied with that kind of workout.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Stupid people and idiots ruined the gym for me. I can only go when no one else js around and prefer to never go. I rather invest into a home set up that deal with fucktards.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I like the skinny kids who do one arm cable curls and look in the mirror at their 12 inch arms. :p

So true. The gym is full of them. How about the meat heads that even look at themselves in the mirror as they talk to others in the gym? These guys literally couldn't train without a mirror.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Training routines are one of those things that just get stuck in peoples heads and they refuse to deviate from it, results or not. Kind of unique in a way, but same people doing same movements that get same worthless results.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
The worst is the leg press being left loaded up with plates. I did see a new year member yesterday doing 1 inch calf raises with 3 plates a side in the smith :banghead:

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Has anyone else ever walked into the gym, seen 450lbs loaded on the Smith Machine with a bench under it and just fell down laughing? I dunno, maybe it’s just me. :banghead:

Some of us don’t spot therefore don’t ask . Nothing wrong with that . It’s odd to think it’s funny as far as I see. Heavy weights need to be safe . However I never in 30 years spot another and hate partner so utilize smith do 315 press behind neck on flat Bench / smith as well .

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Some of us don’t spot therefore don’t ask . Nothing wrong with that . It’s odd to think it’s funny as far as I see. Heavy weights need to be safe . However I never in 30 years spot another and hate partner so utilize smith do 315 press behind neck on flat Bench / smith as well .

I Have gotten hurt so many times spring people thay thought thay were some thing.
No more
I won't spot any one at all any mote

BG

Nov 17, 2013
Honest question.. how do you get hurt spotting someone?? i will spot people here or there, but they find out quick.. you go do the work. im not doing upright rows

Sully

Dec 3, 2012

WTF does spotting anyone have to do with anything? Read the rest of the posts, then you might understand why it was funny. :banghead:

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
WTF does spotting anyone have to do with anything? Read the rest of the posts, then you might understand why it was funny. :banghead:

Has everything to do! Do you even work out? Or just troll around? Did I insult you as that was not my intent and apologize if so.