©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Whats Your New Year Program looking like?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm full on foot to the floor boards! I'm going to be pounding it in my log as hard as I can do it guys.

What are your gym/fitness plans for the New Year looking like? I know a few of you guys are getting back on the horse. Lets hear the plans!

Put it in print here and hang your hat on it!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Cut, cut, cut!!!! 240-250lbs @ <10% BF is the end of year 2018 goal. Lots of dieting, plenty of cardio, and lift like my life depends on it. Gonna get lean and make it my life’s mission to stay that way. Hopefully the health issues will abate long enough this year for me to get where I’m going.

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I just want to get backover 210 & stay lean...sitting about 200/202...feel too skinny

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Cut, cut, cut!!!! 240-250lbs @ <10% BF is the end of year 2018 goal. Lots of dieting, plenty of cardio, and lift like my life depends on it. Gonna get lean and make it my life’s mission to stay that way. Hopefully the health issues will abate long enough this year for me to get where I’m going.

If you don't mind, could you share what you have going on Sully? I didn't know there was any problems in your health corner.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Back and shoulder issues at the moment. Couple herniated disks in my lumbar that my GP thinks might be ready for surgery, which is causing me to sleep on my shoulders a lot more, which is causing nerve damage in my shoulders. I’m in so much pain at night that I might be getting 1-2 hours of actual sleep, which is causing other issues.

I spent a night in the hospital a few weeks ago due to “stroke like symptoms” that came on while I was at work. My Doc thinks it was caused by prolonged sleep deprivation. Just had an MRI on the 29th to see how much worse my back has gotten. I’ll know more in a few days.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
So sorry to hear this. I'll say a prayer or two. Some times movement(limited exercise) can help with pain. Heating pads. Did you run that by that Doc?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
So sorry to hear this. I'll say a prayer or two. Some times movement(limited exercise) can help with pain. Heating pads. Did you run that by that Doc?

I’ve been doing all the PT exercises that they showed me when I hurt it a few years ago. Helps a little bit, but not much. I get the feeling it’s just one of those things I’m going to have to live with. I’m gonna get another script for extended release Ambien next time I go. Those always get me a great night’s sleep. I’m going to avoid the surgery for as long as I can.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I'm sorry to hear that brother. I've had both shoulders operated on. The last was in 2006 for labrum tear.
I'm going to get cut. I'm going to stay natural for awhile and try to hit 9%. I'm hoping to come out around 235-240 when I'm done.

grizz

Mar 28, 2016
Shooting for seeing my abs for the first time in my life. SHW strongman is fun and all, but I'm ready to turn heads on the beach instead of at the buffet.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
Back and shoulder issues at the moment. Couple herniated disks in my lumbar that my GP thinks might be ready for surgery, which is causing me to sleep on my shoulders a lot more, which is causing nerve damage in my shoulders. I’m in so much pain at night that I might be getting 1-2 hours of actual sleep, which is causing other issues.

I spent a night in the hospital a few weeks ago due to “stroke like symptoms” that came on while I was at work. My Doc thinks it was caused by prolonged sleep deprivation. Just had an MRI on the 29th to see how much worse my back has gotten. I’ll know more in a few days.

Sorry to hear bro, back and shoulder problems are the worse. I sleep on my shoulders and would constantly be tossing and turning throughout the night from pain. I got a better bed and pillows and it has really helped. Ambien, xanax, and trazadone all have worked great for me in the past to sleep throughout the night.

Racepicks

AnaSCI VIP
Jan 5, 2013
For me, I just need to get back on track. It's almost 8 years I've been part of the forums and working out (off and on) for over 30 years. The last few months I have left both, and I realize how much I miss them. New Years represents a new commitment to both.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
This year is about getting in the best shape of my life. I am ready to push things more than in the past. Everyone's posts and pics on here are a good motivation for me.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I have started a new routine for the new year. Basic lifts for every body part as heavy as possible in different rep ranges. Lot's of compound movements with a few ancillary exercises thrown in. I want to get bigger this year. My cycle will be basic but progressive.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I dont have one. CG will you share one? I'll be running GH, test, tren, eq, adrol and dbol all at low doses as usual. I grew up on pyramid, old school GVT 10x10, 3x6 or 5x5, and 21's. Pyramids always give me that athletic lean build with quick strength gains, while 10x10's or 3x5's give me mass quickier.

I dont read the magazines anymore but as a kid there used to be good logical and truthful stuff from IFBB pros about differemt types of training methods. Now a days is no body joe shmoe certified trainer or sell out competitors/athletes pushing marketing propaganda.

We need to bring some of that old school talk here to Anasci. Man the days of being 14 popping DHEA pills and M1T, chugging MCT weight gainer and crude whey protien shakes, with muscle tech bunk shit, cooking baked potatoes and boiling eggs while doing 1000 prison burpies, situps, pushups and then hitting the weights.

Sorry getting nostolgic haha.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
This year I am going to train a lot. I always read about overtraining and the cns. But in the past when I trained more I seemed to get better results. So I am going to test myself and try to train as much as possible and see the results. I don't mean 2 sessions per day or anything like that but most days in the week.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Well, I'm having another cervical fusion (C7-T1) and a cleaning up of the C4-5 facet joint. Hopefully that goes well and I recover good. Not looking forward to ANOTHER come back/recovery. I have until mid April to have the surgery.

Aside from the pain I'm in, I got back up to 230lbs, not the leanest but look ok considering the crap I've gone through with cancer surgery, multiple spine surgeries, ankylosing spondylitis and a vertebral fracture. It's getting harder to come back at my age, I'll be 49 in a few months but I'll be back once again! I'm a glutton for punishment! LOL!!

Last edited:

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I let myself get too soft so I am losing the fat I gained at the end of the year. Ideally get down to about 10% then try to add some muscle. I plan to use syntherol again but when I am in better shape.