©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New Gym and Technogym Equipment

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I just joined a new gym and I am made up. I was going to join another one for 1 year and visited this just incase. It's part of a chain and I visited another (same company) beforehand and was disappointed but I am so glad I decided to try another one.

It was completely different to the one before and is like a nightclub when you walk in. It's really dark (lighting in certain areas) which I don't mind but parts of the gym are too dark. I kept missing the pin in the weight stack on the machines it's that dark inside :eek::D But they have hammer strength style equipment, pin loaded machines and free motion. They even have various stretching machines and an inversion table and all top of the line stuff.

Have you guys have come across the newer technogym equipment? I noticed they have screens in front and it comes on when you but the pin in the weight rack. It even recognizes the weight and has it on the screen and counts every rep you do. You can see a little line move as you lift the weight up. Then when you stop a timer comes up so you can time your rest periods. I thought it was pretty cool.

I don't go to classes but checked inside 2 of them and couldn't believe it. One is bright neon blue inside and has 10 stripper poles installed.

They play some good music which is a nice change from the crap that is played in most gyms. I recall a club version of Michael Jackson Thriller playing.

I can really push things now so looking forward to lot's of gains this year :)

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
All i habe us old for ass gyms.
Some thing breaks and it sits there broken till they throw it out and never replace.
Out of all the barbells none of the ends spin freely at all.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Hoping for a few pics. Not sure how this will be conducive to training hard? Is it a pick up joint for dawgs in the gym? Don't think I would enjoy training in the dark. But I do like that brand of equipment. I also don't think you should worry about bumping into Branch Warren there either. lol If you have a chance snap a few pics.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I like technogym equipment. My old gym has some pieces. Are they bright yellow?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I like technogym equipment. My old gym has some pieces. Are they bright yellow?

2 of my past gyms had bright yellow ones (and black). This gym they are grey and black.

Hoping for a few pics. Not sure how this will be conducive to training hard? Is it a pick up joint for dawgs in the gym? Don't think I would enjoy training in the dark. But I do like that brand of equipment. I also don't think you should worry about bumping into Branch Warren there either. lol If you have a chance snap a few pics.

Matey this gym is perfect for hard training. Plate loaded machines so I can push the weight. Obviously benches and barbells etc to push the weight on too. After going more I realize they don't have it so dark most of the time. They have black blinds on the windows but in the day often have them up so it's much brighter.

I took some quick pics the other day before training and it's not dark at all. I will post them when I can. Everytime I have been I have seen impressive physiques. Plus it's not like I live in Miami beach. It seems most of the bodybuilders here must go to my gym.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It helps to see other serious guys there training. That's always a motivator for me. Would like to see a few pics if it's not a pain in the ass.