©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anabolics and IBS

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Is anyone aware of a link between the use of AAS and irritable bowel syndrome, mainly with constipation? Any information anyone has on managing it (IBS) with diet or medication, or how use of AAS effects it would be great. I’ve been googling it recently, but can’t really come up with anything.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I would go straight to the Metamucil. Back all nuts and seeds out as well.

I got that from taking a prohormone/oral. Can't begin to tell you how bad it hurt.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Already been doing the Metamucil for a few months. Worked well at first, but now it’s not working much at all. Getting backed up so bad I can feel my blood pressure going through the roof. I feel it beating in my ears and my head feels like I’m underwater. I’ve had to resort to stool softeners, but those aren’t long term solutions.

The reason I posted this, is I noticed something weird. Both times it flared up badly, earlier this year and now, I had just started a cycle. The only thing consistent between the 2 cycles is EQ, everything else is different. I started wondering if EQ, or anabolics in general, could be causing the flare ups.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Many drugs can effect IBS so I would not be surprised if certain steroids do as well. I have heard of eq causing constipation. Have you tried rifaximin?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Many drugs can effect IBS so I would not be surprised if certain steroids do as well. I have heard of eq causing constipation. Have you tried rifaximin?

I’ve never heard of EQ causing constipation before, only certain orals. Any idea what causes it?

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
It's mainly orals that have caused me issues. Although tren has given me acid reflux and indigestion. Steroids can definitely cause ibs. Have you tried sodium bicarbonate? Senna is very effective as well.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's mainly orals that have caused me issues. Although tren has given me acid reflux and indigestion. Steroids can definitely cause ibs. Have you tried sodium bicarbonate? Senna is very effective as well.

Nope. Acid reflux isn’t a problem for me. Just the chronic constipation. I’ve tried senna in the past. Gave me bad stomach cramps. I’ve been using dulcolax this time and it works really well, I just don’t want to have to rely on it in order to have a BM.

DNA

Apr 19, 2014
Hollywood, CA
Is your diet high in fiber? Dr. Scott Connelly, who started Met-Rx, wrote a nutrition book in the early 2000’s called Body Rx. He states that your diet should have a minimum of 40 or 45g of fiber per day. Most people including bodybuilders aren’t even close to this. He even says that you should work your way up to 60g of fiber a day! By incorporating a high fiber diet, you will prevent constipation, and you will lose body fat without even lowering your calories.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Yup, I eat beans, leafy greens, and supplement with Metamucil everyday. It’s not a diet related issue. It only flares up when I start a cycle.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Few questions-
Was it the same bottle of EQ?
Who was it made by?
You can pm me who it was made by if you want.
Not going to post my reply here any ways with out the ok.
I remember reading - one sponser had to dump a bunch of stock because of contamination.
That is just what I remember reading??????

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Sully google Low Dose Naltrexone and IBS. Has to be Low Dose, big difference.

I would also start on Curcumin and take it with fats for absorption...fish oil/krill and a little olive oil.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Few questions-
Was it the same bottle of EQ?
Who was it made by?
You can pm me who it was made by if you want.
Not going to post my reply here any ways with out the ok.
I remember reading - one sponser had to dump a bunch of stock because of contamination.
That is just what I remember reading??????

Yeah, same bottle of EQ each time. It’s a supplier that just recently fell from grace here. I doubt it’s a contamination issue, but it’s certainly possible. Not sure what kind of contamination would cause an IBS flare up, but no other symptoms, though.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Sully, a guy walks into a doctors office and tells the doctor, "it hurts when I do this". The doctor replied, "then don't do that".

There may be a message it this for ya? :)

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Sully, a guy walks into a doctors office and tells the doctor, "it hurts when I do this". The doctor replied, "then don't do that".

There may be a message it this for ya? :)

I get it. At this point I’m pretty well done with EQ, for other reasons as well. The spike in blood pressure it gives me due to increased RBC makes me feel like shit, and honestly scares me. Couple that with not having a BM for a few weeks and it’s a recipe for feeling like death, as well as not being able to train. My last 2 cycle attempts have only lasted about 3 weeks because I had to abort mission to get my guts sorted out.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Good God man, no BM for two weeks! YIKES. That sounds dangerous. Could you get septic?

This time was 2 weeks. I’ve had it last as long as 4 weeks. It’s like the corner where your transverse colon becomes your descending colon swells up and NOTHING can make the turn anymore. Not even liquid or gas.

The only thing that would even start to clwith an me out last time was that his stuff called Suprep. They have it to me before my colonoscopy. It finally got everything out, but it was one of the most painful experiences of my life.

kevin666

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2018
Damn.

You might want to look at Polyethylene Glycol 3350

It can be used as a substitute for colonoscopy prep and less harsh as far as turning the stomach inside out and used b/c it doesn't add food or bulk like fiber or fiber foods.

If you're backed up adding fiber and bulk will make it worse. The Polyethylene Glycol pulls water directly into the colon to soften the stool allowing this to start moving again.

Good luck, I think the brand name is Miralax

Nattydread

Jan 13, 2013
California
Damn it! That’s some serious stuff. Have you tried using magnesium? It’s said to help with bm. Also high fiber/ low on red meat diet. With lots of water.

Really hope you doing better brother.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Damn it! That’s some serious stuff. Have you tried using magnesium? It’s said to help with bm. Also high fiber/ low on red meat diet. With lots of water.

Really hope you doing better brother.

A few weeks without a bm is not good at all. In that case I would be trying anying I could to go to the toilet. I would also be stopping anything that causes me issues. Magnesium has helped me in the past but it's not the best thing to be taken in higher doses.