©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Genetic doping and fairness in sport

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
This terrifies me, honestly. Where does the concept of a level playing field end? Do they exclude someone that has a biological advantage over the rest of the field, even though they didn’t dope? And the idea of compulsory genome sequencing should scare anyone with kids. What happens when they start requiring genetic testing for high school athletes? Who controls that information? Who keeps it secure? We already know that our personal identity and credit card information is subject to be stolen and distributed on the internet with relative ease. What happens when our very genetic code gets into the wrong hands? Or when companies like Google and Facebook are allowed to buy exclusive access to it? These things don’t stop at the highest level, they become ubiquitous.

http://www.wired.com/story/olympics-could-require-athletes-genetic-code-to-test-for-doping/amp

docholiday08

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
I think steroids make sports 100 times more interesting, like keep pumping that shit and see the extremes we can take our bodies whether it be building muscle, or endurance, or holding off aging.

Kindlife

Nov 5, 2017
I seen a video on youtube by ric drasen with jerry brainum talking about gene doping. It was the first id heard of it but it sounds very interesting. I can also see how it could get out of hand though. It could be a slippery slope.