©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

fast or slow slin???

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Picking up my lantus this week or should I get three short acting?
It's time to see what this stuff is all about

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Squatster, it may not be the best way but the absolute safest way is to do short acting and do it just before eating your post workout meal. Count out the carbohydrates in the meal and then add in 1iu for every ten carbohydrate. To start, don't exceed ten iu per recovery meal. Keep some OJ in the frige and if you after an hour start feeling any hypo symptoms have an 8oz glass and give it about ten minutes to work. Please keep us posted buddy!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
CG- If you say lantus- i will do a log running lantus.
That was my plan when you first brought it to this forum - but igf you want to see the log with fast acting then I will do that.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
^^^ YOU NUT^^^ I'll help you with what ever you do friend. I think you have your heart set on Lantus. Am I correct?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
No
Don't care either way
I am just scared of the fast stuff.
How you explained lantus it seemed much safer for some one that does construction like your self.
But you are going to be the one to say what one I use.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
One vial of Lantus will not last as long as three vials of Humalog. I think we could safely put much more size on you with three vials of Humalog. If you do as I advise you will never have issues. I promise!

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Squatster I read you have been having issues recently due to a brain trauma. Are you ok now? Perhaps taking the saftest route would make the most sense at this time. If you do lantus you will have to be 100% on point with your diet through the day. Humalog is much easier to control as it's active for such a short time. For a first time I think regular or fast slin would be best. Fast slin can come on very fast so be careful and make sure your nutrition is on point and always have sugar on hand. Any slin would be good if you eat right for it.

DNA

Apr 19, 2014
Hollywood, CA
Picking up my lantus this week or should I get three short acting?
It's time to see what this stuff is all about

I feel like we need more data regarding lantus. There’s tons of info and logs on people doing humalog and humilin r. Not to many logs on lantus. I’m keeping an eye on concretguy’s keto lantus run as we speak. I’m thinking of jumping on lantus myself once my body fat is low enough. We definitely need more data on Lantus!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
DNA, in the peptides area I wrote to large detail articles about Lantus use. You may want to check them out?

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Did you start your slin? What did you decide to buy? Everyone seems to be starting lantus on here thanks to concreteguy!

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I may try my own slin stack. Really liking MK now so I may add it to that.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
The insulin is crazy money

Not sure where you get yours from...but Walmart has their "R" brand I believe at a fairly cheap price. It's in vials.

It's not a "log"....but is supposed to be comparable to Humalin R in "onset", "peak", and "duration" times.

I would still verify this with a meter though.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Not sure where you get yours from...but Walmart has their "R" brand I believe at a fairly cheap price. It's in vials.

It's not a "log"....but is supposed to be comparable to Humalin R in "onset", "peak", and "duration" times.

I would still verify this with a meter though.

I've heard that but never bought from there. May be worth me looking into.