©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lantus and keto

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well I was wondering if I could do this because of the unique quality of Lantus basil insulin being so forgiving in regards to going hypo.

What am I talking about? Guess what guys, I'm running 50iu a day of Lantus while on a full blown keto diet with ZERO sides of any kind. I feel GREAT. When I started the keto I was flat and very tired. I was also losing weight I didn't need to be losing. Now the weight and strength is rolling back in. I'm doing nothing more than a very high protein version of a keto diet. I suspected that the onset of Lantus is so slow and gradual that it would give my body time to convert fats to carbs. I was correct. I'm just guessing, but I honestly can't come close to imagining a better way to fall into prep or bulk for that matter. As surprised as I was, not much surprises me any more.

So to recap this: I'm currently on a keto diet and enjoying the benefits of 50iu of Lantus insulin every morning. I'm also doing 3iu of hgh three times a day. And don't kid yourself, this will accelerate fat loss exponentially
I'll be posting pics this weekend in my log.

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
This is all I could find about this. But there talking about taking (((5iu))) twice a day.

[ame]https://youtu.be/7rglprodxq8[/ame]

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Interesting. That might explain the vascularity you woke up with that you described in your other thread. I didn’t realize you were running the slin with the keto diet when you talked about your diet, previously.

What makes Lantus so forgiving when it comes to causing hypoglycemia? Is it just the slow release rate, or is there something else in play?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It is the slow release rate. If you take the 50iu I'm taking and divide it by the active window somewhere between 18 and 20 hours I'm guessing, it's very little per hour.

I'm going to be doing 55iu today.

him123

Mar 5, 2013
This is a very interesting and counter intuitive experiment you are running. I guess its safe to say that not all insulins are created equal. Is lantus available over the counter?