©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lantus/Keto Protocol

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018
I can attest to the effectiveness of non-traditional insulin use.

I dieted down using a ketogenic diet and had a Dexa scan on May 17. I was 201lbs. at 7% body fat.

I immediately drastically increased calories / carbs and added Humulin R. By drastically I mean they were increased by over 1,000 calories per day within a week.

I made a point to always use more insulin than needed to cover my carbs. I worked up to using insulin at every meal and intraworkout, anywhere from 40 - 60 IU per day.

On July 9 I had another Dexa scan. I was 242lbs. at 7.8% body fat. Might not be a true 7.8%, but I have veins in my pecs, lats, lower abs, etc., so it's certainly single digits. Last night at the gym I was up to 246.5lbs, still holding great conditioning.

Quit thinking the established ways of doing things are the only ways. Experimentation - accompanied by research and proper monitoring of biofeedback - is key to pushing yourself to new levels.

bill2

Feb 16, 2015

I dieted down using a ketogenic diet and had a Dexa scan on May 17. I was 201lbs. at 7% body fat.

I immediately drastically increased calories / carbs and added Humulin R. By drastically I mean they were increased by over 1,000 calories per day within a week.

I made a point to always use more insulin than needed to cover my carbs. I worked up to using insulin at every meal and intraworkout, anywhere from 40 - 60 IU per day.

On July 9 I had another Dexa scan. I was 242lbs. at 7.8% body fat. Might not be a true 7.8%, but I have veins in my pecs, lats, lower abs, etc., so it's certainly single digits. Last night at the gym I was up to 246.5lbs, still holding great conditioning.

Quit thinking the established ways of doing things are the only ways. Experimentation - accompanied by research and proper monitoring of biofeedback - is key to pushing yourself to new levels.

Good ! What aas were u on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
No Bill. I'm currently eating six oz of ground beef and 2 cups cooked of elbow pasta per meal. I'm at the beginning of a complete recomp from a surgery gone wrong. Losing weight is the least of my concerns at the moment.:)

bill2

Feb 16, 2015
No Bill. I'm currently eating six oz of ground beef and 2 cups cooked of elbow pasta per meal. I'm at the beginning of a complete recomp from a surgery gone wrong. Losing weight is the least of my concerns at the moment.:)

Oh hope to be back to your previous self soon brother!
Can you give me a brief review overall of the Keto-lantus protocol ?
How it treat it u?
How long you did it?
What you accomplished?
What would you correct if you would liked to do again?

Any info you could add would be much appreciated !!

bill2

Feb 16, 2015

Hey bro can you elaborate a bit about your rebound? Aas used -cals-macros -etc ?
I would love to have simiral results myself !

Victory

Dec 26, 2008

I am curious about this as well. You wrote non-traditonal insulin use but you didn't use it on keto? So you added carbs when using insulin? How many meals did you use it with each day? Did you use it everyday or have breaks? Did you use hgh? Sorry for all the questions I just want to understand the exact protocol you used.

Jaxino

Jun 13, 2018
I am using Lantus to recomp but I am on a Medium carb medium prots medium fat diet.

Unfortunately by eating 400g carbs and 3iu Saizen with 50iu Lantus I can't stay near 80 on fasted glucose....

Maybe I will give a try to that keto diet. I don't like that much prots+fats but let's see how this will threat me.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I am using Lantus to recomp but I am on a Medium carb medium prots medium fat diet.

Unfortunately by eating 400g carbs and 3iu Saizen with 50iu Lantus I can't stay near 80 on fasted glucose....

Maybe I will give a try to that keto diet. I don't like that much prots+fats but let's see how this will threat me.

If you do I would start at 20iu and see how you are and up to 30iu and so on. I am tempted to try lantus again.

Btails

Apr 14, 2019
Interested in this but have a few questions.

I've played with insulin a fair bit in the past, more than I'd like to admit.. Didn't really understand it as much as I'd like though as it was always just part of a coaches "plan"

Kind of doing some research on this, caught my eye but have a few questions:

-why are we doing 200g's of protein from shakes? Is it because it's easier/quicker to break down and for the lantus to convert to carbs?

-Do you track your morning fasted BG on this? Do you try to keep it around 70? Under 70= back off the dosage, over 70= up the dosage (not more than 5iu's though at a time). Is that how you're adjusting the dosage?

-or are you adjusting by ketones in urine? Asking because CG on the first page mentioned 65iu was all he could manage while staying in ketosis (assuming he measured somehow then).

-anyone run this with MK677 as opposed to hgh?

-How are you still insulin sensitive when done this protocol? I would think even with no carbs you're going to be well, fucked when done this protocol? no? (not a callout by anymeans - trying to learn)

If anyone has further reading I can study I'd be more than interested :)

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007

Gunsmith

Feb 2, 2013
Deep South
Wanted to kick this back up to the front to see if anyone else has given it a run??

Im also wonder if novolin-R could be used and just dosed ever 4hr-5hr to maintain a steady insulin level as opposed to using lantus if that can’t be had regularly.