©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Food Poisoning

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yesterday was a day in hell. The night before I came home from the gym and drank 16ozs of egg white, 20 grams of EAA's immediately upon returning. With in an hour I was feeling terrible. The pain in my stomach was as if all my organs were failing. I thought I was dying and ask my wife to take me to the hospital. My wife is the administrator at a Davita Renal Center. She told me I have food poisoning an asked if I feel like throwing up? She gave a sault water drink and moments later I was tossing so hard I shit myself at the same time. As embarrassing as it is, it was the best thing that could have happened. She tossed me in the shower and as I cleaned up I continued to throw up multiple times. Thank God there"s a seat in the shower.
Funny thing is I have been drinking egg whites for years off and on and for years my wife has been telling me not to do this. Go figure? She's always right. I fucking hate that lol.
So this morning it's all in the rear view mirror. Please learn for my mistake and don't do this. Time will catch up to you on this as it did me..........

G160

Feb 12, 2018
Yesterday was a day in hell. The night before I came home from the gym and drank 16ozs of egg white, 20 grams of EAA's immediately upon returning. With in an hour I was feeling terrible. The pain in my stomach was as if all my organs were failing. I thought I was dying and ask my wife to take me to the hospital. My wife is the administrator at a Davita Renal Center. She told me I have food poisoning an asked if I feel like throwing up? She gave a sault water drink and moments later I was tossing so hard I shit myself at the same time. As embarrassing as it is, it was the best thing that could have happened. She tossed me in the shower and as I cleaned up I continued to throw up multiple times. Thank God there"s a seat in the shower.
Funny thing is I have been drinking egg whites for years off and on and for years my wife has been telling me not to do this. Go figure? She's always right. I fucking hate that lol.
So this morning it's all in the rear view mirror. Please learn for my mistake and don't do this. Time will catch up to you on this as it did me..........
Usually your body somehow knows what poisoned you, if you are able in the future to drink egg whites or even think about it without getting sick then it wasnt them..An hour later shit must of had some really foul bacteria or virus, thats insanely fast..ive gotten poisoned so many times from drinking water i wasnt used to or eating food abroad but it took at least a few hours to kick in.
Keep your electrolytes up and calorie intake if possible.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
When I say an hour I wasn't looking at a watch. Maybe and hour and a half. But I knew something was very wrong from that point on.
And the very though of drinking egg whites is sickening to me. I don't think I can ever do that again. Plus my wife would lose respect for me. The egg white book is closed for me.

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
I drank raw whole eggs for years and occasionally would get sick...goes with the territory...I must admit raw eggs are extremely anabolic....hope you feel better cg.........kvh

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Koolio, I would guess the "whole" raw eggs would have a better chance at being fresh or healthy. Maybe the processing is what did it. The expiration on the egg whites was fine.

Last edited:

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
CG you are right about whole eggs being better...a lot of that processed boxed crap scares me...you just never know........

Nattydread

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Jan 13, 2013
California
Damn CG. That sux to hear. Glad u doing better. I myself was never really a fan of slamming raw eggs. Once in a while I would through a few in my protein but after reading this I won’t do that anymore.

kevin666

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2018
I'm always amazed at how the human body can be so fragile at times and so resilient other times. Your body knew it needed to get that out and fast.

Glad your doing better today.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
That sucks man hope your feeling better. I got the worst food poisoning the night before the state wrestling tournament one year. I was shitting in the toilet and puking in the tub at the same time. My pops made me wrestle and I was running to the bathroom in the middle of a match. Somehow I still placed even being deathly sick, it was the worse.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I am glad you are feeling better. Drinking egg whites has always been a big no for me. What are you going to replace them with? I have been drinking more protein usually and go with whey isolate but never more than 40 grams at a time.

rowdyz

Mar 4, 2018
CG do u ever drink the pasteurized whites? I have for years.. I drink 10oz every morning usually.

rowdyz

Mar 4, 2018
CG you are right about whole eggs being better...a lot of that processed boxed crap scares me...you just never know........

Pasteurized egg whites scare you? I've used Kroger egg whites for years.. never had a problem. I Actually can't stand scrambled whole eggs now, too dense. I usually roll with 2 whole eggs and 8oz whites.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
CG do u ever drink the pasteurized whites? I have for years.. I drink 10oz every morning usually.
I do these a few times a week when wanting to change it up. I use Coffee Mate sweet bliss creamer that is sugar free and add to the carton....shake and drink. Plus they have tons of different flavors.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I've had food poisoning around 3'ish times now. First was from a restaurant that I hit up because I had like 4-5 friends working there at the time. I think I was like 19-20 years old. I was so sick my parents had to carry me to the car to take me to the ER. Apparently "Ryan" cooked me up a piece or raw chicken that had been sitting out all day at room temp...it was a chicken parmesan meal.

The second time I got it hitting me full board the day of my O-chem final:( I had the highest grade in the class at like a 98.9 or a 99.8%, and failed the exam miserably. I only completed like 2 pages of the 8-10 pages of the exam. I had my head in my desk sweating with a high fever the whole time and just staring at the stupid papers. I had diarrhea right before I went to class as I had went to the library early that day to study up on a few things ahead of the exam. I remember seeing all the classmates turn in their exam until it was just like 5 of us remaining. I handed him the paper and told I think I had the flu or food poisoning and I just couldn't think straight to complete it. He told me i'd be fine and that it wouldn't effect me grade in the class....he went on to say I was his best student ever and tried to talk me into going into the chemistry program and to switch over from my Nutrition major. Anyway, about a month later we were able to call in to see what our grades were, and I was dropped to a B+:mad: Pissed me off.

The 3rd times, just the normal shitting and vomiting like the 2 above, no real story.

TrailthumperAZ

Mar 9, 2018

Agree. Deal is though, food poisoning that hits that quickly is usually caused by staph, not the salmonella you would associate with egg whites. And if pasteurized, the risk of salmonella much less. But any food can cause food poisoning. It could have been something you ate much earlier (see the link) and just having the egg whites at the time of onset makes them a no go now.

https://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm103263.htm

The other consideration with egg whites is their bioavailability when consumed raw. A recent study shows when cooked they are 90% bioavailable and when raw ~50%. GRanted I can drink twice the egg whites that I can eat, so on a bulking cycle probably a better option.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9772141

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Man that is some shit ... usually happens to me when i take too many doctor prescribed opiates lmfao ...

I can not eat left overs, i need my food cooked well done and I clean 24/7 when cooking. Fucking food network and talk shows traumatized me as a little kid. Back in the 90's with Ecoli and Salmonella deaths. To this day I am cautious about all produce i buy... yet I risk eating fast food without a care in the world smh