©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Science of the back

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
This kid seams to have a firm grip on the mechanics of muscle growth. Carful how you judge him, I'm sure he's a natty. I found it interesting he's only doing machine T-bar rows. Wouldn't you think such a fundamental primary lift like that should be part of back training?
I know I'm doing them now and not going to stop.

[ame]https://youtu.be/12xHxUnBEiI[/ame]

Devenidas

Jul 3, 2017
This reminded me something interesting British IFBB pro Luke 'chewy' Sandow said recently filming a training video whilst eye balls popping out of the socket, body shaking, saliva dripping like a dog infected with Rabies moving some serious steel,

"Its usually the science guys who are small". lol

He got wicked sense for humour and I am pretty sure he did not give a single fuck if any science guy got offended by that statement. You got love chewy [emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Devenidas, It's really good to see you over here buddy! Welcome back to AnaSci! You and rmtt bring a wealth of knowledge with you. Hope you stick around.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Having the science knowledge will only benefit people in the gym. But you make an excellent point and the basics taken to the extreme will always yield the best results. Pick exercises that suit you best and try to get as strong in them as possible over time. The video posted was still very useful though and had some good info in.

This reminded me something interesting British IFBB pro Luke 'chewy' Sandow said recently filming a training video whilst eye balls popping out of the socket, body shaking, saliva dripping like a dog infected with Rabies moving some serious steel,

He got wicked sense for humour and I am pretty sure he did not give a single fuck if any science guy got offended by that statement. You got love chewy [emoji123][emoji123]

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012

Luke has impressed me a lot recently. He has morphed into a potential star of the future. He even has a Dorian type of look gong for him. He is still young so with the years will come muscle maturity and he could do damage. Let's hope he stays injury free as I see he pushes the weights.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
This kid seams to have a firm grip on the mechanics of muscle growth. Carful how you judge him, I'm sure he's a natty. I found it interesting he's only doing machine T-bar rows. Wouldn't you think such a fundamental primary lift like that should be part of back training?
I know I'm doing them now and not going to stop.

https://youtu.be/12xHxUnBEiI

I enjoy his videos. I am a big believer in making every exercise as effective as possible. Any little changes you can make to activate the targeted muscle more are worth knowing

RamboStallone

Jul 2, 2017
I've dropped the weight some recently and have been focusing on more flexing and stretching each rep, I hold the weight in the flexed position for a sec each rep. Heavy weight is needed for slabs of meat though. I'm still keeping it fairly heavy (for me).

heavy hitter

Mar 18, 2006
Ben Pak knows all the science and in's and out's of musculature....but look at all the good its doing him. His physique has steadily regressed as of late since all this mi40 crap. Proper muscle mechanics and all that is important...but there is no replacement for heavy ass iron