©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mixing insulin in same pin

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Has anyone ever mixed humalog for pre workout and also added novalin R in same pin to take advantage of that 2-3hr peak for post workout? I was honking of playing around with this maybe doing 3-5 iu of humalog and 3-5 iu of novalin R at same time about 15 min pre workout

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I don't think the one has an effect on the other. So if I were to guess I would say it will act as if you did two separate injections and perform accordingly. But that's just my guess.

G160

Feb 12, 2018
If its mixed from the manufacturer id do it, but if not i wouldnt

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
diabetics mix multiple insulin types in the same pin
I'm a diabetic and I do one insulin on one side of my stomach and the other insulin on the other side of my stomach. This is how my doctor has told me to do it whether or not it really makes a difference I do not know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I'm a diabetic and I do one insulin on one side of my stomach and the other insulin on the other side of my stomach. This is how my doctor has told me to do it whether or not it really makes a difference I do not know.

Heavy hitter you have my apology sir I was not specifically responding to your comment just responding to the thread and did not know I was going to post my answer in direct response to yours. Respect brother

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
Your fine

The only issue when mixing certain things MAY POTENTIALLY be GH when your looking at ph levels but even then I doubt it makes a difference

G160

Feb 12, 2018
Rapid insulins can be mixed in the same needle including regulars...mixing lantus toujeo levemir or insulin glargine with any other insulin should not be done and could be dangerous

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Kindlife

Nov 5, 2017
^^what he said^^ but i remember reading to draw up the rapid acting first and then the regular acting and never mix anything with the long acting insulins like lantus and such. Honestly if you're not certain about every aspect of what you're doing when it comes to insulin I'd do a lot more research before using it. Personally i dont think insulin is dangerous as long as you go in educated about what you're doing but it can kill you and idiots do die because they we're too lazy to take the time to learn about the risks and proper way to take these things.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
^^what he said^^ but i remember reading to draw up the rapid acting first and then the regular acting and never mix anything with the long acting insulins like lantus and such. Honestly if you're not certain about every aspect of what you're doing when it comes to insulin I'd do a lot more research before using it. Personally i dont think insulin is dangerous as long as you go in educated about what you're doing but it can kill you and idiots do die because they we're too lazy to take the time to learn about the risks and proper way to take these things.

I have used insulin many times with no issues and yes I have done plenty of research but this has never been something that has been talked about. I think regardless of how long someone has been doing this or how experienced someone might think they are it’s good to get other opinions and views so that’s why I’m asking. To me it seems like a pretty simple way to take insulin without doing multiple shots and wanted others opinions on potential issues.

heavy hitter

Mar 18, 2006
Heavy hitter you have my apology sir I was not specifically responding to your comment just responding to the thread and did not know I was going to post my answer in direct response to yours. Respect brother

No apologies necessary. I know some types of insulin can be mixed, this is from novo nordisk site
Humalog and Novolog can be mixed with NPH insulin. *Humalog and Novolog are used as "bolus" insulins to be given 15 minutes before a meal.70/30 can be mixed with regular. Lantus can't be mixed with anything.
So it depends on the types of insulin used. I should have specified that

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I watched a video and Bostin Lloyd said he has been doing this and it's his favourite way of doing slin now.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I may try this myself. I have humalog and humulin-r so could do it now.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Has anyone ever mixed humalog for pre workout and also added novalin R in same pin to take advantage of that 2-3hr peak for post workout? I was honking of playing around with this maybe doing 3-5 iu of humalog and 3-5 iu of novalin R at same time about 15 min pre workout

Always past 14 years