©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

CG lantus/keto protocol...modification :)

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
CG...you'll like this one :)

This Lantus/Keto protocol is a tremendous variation on tons of variations to build muscle and lose body fat efficiently, somewhat due to the protein intake and your body's reliance on gluconeogensis which is an extremely energy costly process...but what if we can inhibit gluconeogenesis? Would that then further PUSH our body to tap into stored body fat for energy?...without getting crazy in depth, the answer is YES! I have utilized a similar method to CG's but with one minor addition and that is the addition of the popular anti-diabetic compound biter melon extract.

If you do your research, biter melon extract has some interesting effects that make it stand out as a clear choice:

1. its stimulation of peripheral and skeletal muscle glucose utilisation
2. its inhibition of intestinal glucose uptake
3. its inhibition of adipocyte differentiation
4. its suppression of key gluconeogenic enzymes causing suppression of overall gluconeogenic activity
5. its stimulation of key enzyme of HMP pathway
6. its preservation of islet β cells

So we have the keto/lantus protocol forcing ourselves to somehow CREATE energy.
The only available source is to convert protein into glucose via gluconeogensis.
We SHUT DOWN that conversion as much as possible.
Our bodies are then forced to die off (which it refuses to do) OR find energy somewhere else.
It sees body fat stores and goes to town! :)

Although the difference in fat loss is accelerated, there is no way of putting a % on it. I can say that biter melon is extremely affordable and its almost a no brainer to add to the equation!

As always...food for thought.

Ironlion2

Mar 9, 2018
You might like Redcon1's "GDA" prouct

redcon1-rpg.html

I've been running 4 pills 2x on carb days with decent success

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
No but you WILL need to watch blood sugars SUPER closely as I've had people drop their fasted levels from low 90's to 60's

dam thats a drop . my normal fasted levels are in the 60s . the benefits sound good but not sure id toss it in on my lantus run

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
Definitely like RedCon 1's GDA. The only issue is I'd like to get a total of 1.5g berberine per day to mimic the studies comparing it to be more efficacious than metformin

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Pretty good video. I told a couple people that it was the calorie deficit that was making them lose weight not necessarily the low carb. And they argue tooth and nail that it was low carb they don't count calories LOL even though they were definitely under they're doing maintenance

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
Basic thermodynamics lol wish more people would realize that. Wish they would also realize people NEEED different macronutrient ratios...not everyone enough produces enough bile to break down a high fat diet and thus KETO would suck for them

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Basic thermodynamics lol wish more people would realize that. Wish they would also realize people NEEED different macronutrient ratios...not everyone enough produces enough bile to break down a high fat diet and thus KETO would suck for them

Yeah when I did true keto my wife tried it also and it did not work for her at all.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ya seeing the numbers made me sick. 70% fat???? Good God. The entire time I was on keto it was huge amounts of protein with low fats. The other way around just isn't healthy. Period!

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
HAHA traditional keto dieting is not fun...literally feels like your drinking oil all day because of the amount of fat you need to intake

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Pretty good video. I told a couple people that it was the calorie deficit that was making them lose weight not necessarily the low carb. And they argue tooth and nail that it was low carb they don't count calories LOL even though they were definitely under they're doing maintenance
Bro....if people only knew. Back when I got injured and couldn't train.....all I did was watch my total calorie intake. Aside from that....I pretty much ate what I wanted. This went on for about 18 months.

As long as I ate just a little less than what I needed...I was fine.

Now...I know this isn't the best thing to do given what we try to accomplish, and I completely overhauled my diet when I was able to start training again....but for just trying to keep a halfway decent look.... And actually eat whatever for that time frame really helped with my motivation for returning to the gym.

Somedays I would eat hardly anything especially if work was busy....and some days it was pizza or food that vendors brought in.

Below is the result of all that "bad" dieting with no exercise.....and my blood work always looked good.

f9659ae4f2416df0880273e7b66a5732.jpg

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
^^^^Love that!

For anyone reading these posts though, although thermodynamics is king, they need to remember there is a difference between what WORKS and whats going to give MAXIMAL results.

Overall caloric intake THEN macronutrient composition THEN nutrient timing