©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Don't eat Chicken & Rice

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
IMO, a structured meal plan is indispensable if your goal is to build muscle without getting fat. This guy makes a good case.

[ame]https://youtu.be/XPU5MKQy3Qw[/ame]

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
I think too many people get caught up in what everyone else is doing instead of thinking for themselves and eating based on their goals. Rice has zero nutritional value from a micronutrient standpoint YET its such a cheap and easy to eat carbohydrate source it definitely has its place!

G160

Feb 12, 2018
I think too many people get caught up in what everyone else is doing instead of thinking for themselves and eating based on their goals. Rice has zero nutritional value from a micronutrient standpoint YET its such a cheap and easy to eat carbohydrate source it definitely has its place!
Personally the reason i did it was because its easy. I dont care what food tastes like, before i used tilapia rice broccoli. Chicken isnt my favorite but it works better. I switch lots of times i even use beef but when one has work and is busy we have to do it the easiest way possible.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I have a hard time following his thought process. Most of the time he's just rambling on with no real coherent point to make, at least not that I can make out.

Dyers Eve

Oct 3, 2011
I love chicken and rice. One of my favorite meals. I would never give it up. I always eat it post work out with a little hot sauce.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
Rice is so versatile.

Throw in some tumeric and chopped broccoli and viola, you have healthier rice lol.

ssdark1

Apr 12, 2018
Why eat rice when you can eat japanese sweet potatoes! F-ing delicious with grass fed butter salt and pepper. By far my fav carb when I intake them.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Chicken and rice is easy for me and is a staple especially when I am cutting. Salt and pepper is all I need for flavor as well. I even do broccoli with it a lot as well. It's the sterotypical bb food but it does work. The leaner I want to become the less rice I use and the more broccoli. I also like using asparagus and kale instead.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
tonight I made turkey roast (de boned turkey) in the crock pot with mashed potatoes and gravy. Gravy made from the crock pot..... screw rice tonight, I mashed it twice! Sorry no pun intended.

FastBunny

May 27, 2018
For me chicken and rice is a staple, a go to... it’s just so easy to make rice in the cooker and chicken on the stove or bbq. It’s easy to consume as long as I’m watching tv lol but I feel full and clean not sluggish.

goalieguru

Donating Member
Sep 28, 2017
Had a nutritionist from pro team speak at camp I was running to athletes and actually said white rice is easier to digest and better than brown, went into the details of makeup and digestion process between the 2, beyond my comprension....so I go white rice and chicken bowl Chipotle all day ;-)

MIA10

May 15, 2012
Why eat rice when you can eat japanese sweet potatoes! F-ing delicious with grass fed butter salt and pepper. By far my fav carb when I intake them.

What is a Japanese sweet potato and where can I find them in the States?

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
What is a Japanese sweet potato and where can I find them in the States?

They are grown here. I have tried them but they are hard to find. You could order them on the internet. I don't think they are worth the added expense so I would just get standard sweet potatoes.

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
+1 on the chicken & rice

..i think part of the reason it's b'come such a "staple" is simply b'cuz it's just easy & quick to prep

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Chicken rice love . However I buy what’s on sale mix in like a goolash either ground turkey breast or ground 90% lean beef or bison or chicken with either spinach or asparagus or chopped Brussels sprouts with onion mushrooms . Though I’m partial to basmati or wild rice mix . Make 2-3 days worth works for me year round . If I’m trying to lose fat I’ll be more precise but cycle my macros from low to medium then throwing in higher carb day . Love salmon , swordfish and avocados plain for good fats though do use a bevy if supplements for health . Emphasis is heart healthy at my age . Other wise if I got sick couldn’t train