©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

3 draws - 3 VERY dull pins

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
I have some new vials and I think you guys should know that I have tried 3 consecutive times to draw and shoot with the same pin and tip got bent so bad on every one that it WOULD NOT PENETRATE my skin! I tried, with quite a bit of force, and it simply would not work. The tips folded over - they were completely useless after ONE PASS through the rubber stopper. I see no need in talking about the source of these vials. The point here is to inform those who were unsure as to whether or not this actually happens. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN YOU DO NEED EXTRA PINS ON HAND GUYS!!! Hope you all have them.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
BigTex said:
For me, using oils, it is 20g to draw, 22 or 23 g to inject.

I generally use a 22 to draw and a 23 to squirt. This was mostly just an experiment - to prove a point. There has been some debating over this matter. These pins were not just a little dull - they were basically destroyed by the stopper. Even I was unsure, because I have drawn and injected with the same pin on numerous occasions. The point is this, not all rubber stoppers are as forgiving as others. And there are most definitely those that will destroy pins.

Last edited:

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
CHRIS 1 said:
I never heard of a rubber stopper screwing up a pin. That must be some stong rubber.

I used the same 23g pin on my first try, and it was still plenty sharp.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
I almost always use the same pin to draw and shoot with. I can't believe a rubber stopper can do that much damage.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Are you using the same source for these vials. Maybe he's upgrading. Or it could be your just getting stronger from the gear.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
oracle said:
Are you using the same source for these vials. Maybe he's upgrading. Or it could be your just getting stronger from the gear.

I've got like 8 vials from the guy. I've only started drawing from one of them so far. Maybe its just this one vial that has a hard stopper - don't know yet. I have heard others say that they have experienced this same problem.

BTW - what the hell does getting stronger have to do with the rubber dulling the pins?

HigherStandard

Aug 26, 2004
I draw with a 22 and squirt with a 23 or a 25 depending on where its goin
I just want the pin to be as sharp as it possibly can when its pokin through the skin.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
imdaman1 said:
I have some new vials and I think you guys should know that I have tried 3 consecutive times to draw and shoot with the same pin and tip got bent so bad on every one that it WOULD NOT PENETRATE my skin! I tried, with quite a bit of force, and it simply would not work. The tips folded over - they were completely useless after ONE PASS through the rubber stopper. I see no need in talking about the source of these vials. The point here is to inform those who were unsure as to whether or not this actually happens. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN YOU DO NEED EXTRA PINS ON HAND GUYS!!! Hope you all have them.

I learned a long time ago a couple or three pokes through stoppers will significantly dull a needle.ALWAYS,Ive ordered double pins. One gets wasted on the draw and the other I use the fresh pin to inject.
Terumo 23g x 1 1/2"