©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Peptopro tastes like SH_T!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Can't tell ya how many brands I have tried. It's almost as if they purposely design them all to taste like Pantherpiss. Can anyone vouch for a peptopro that tastes good or even tolerable?

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
All hydrolyzed proteins are gonna be putred, unfortunately.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
My peptopro from myprotein is fine. I also mix it with either flavoured aminos or hbcd's... usually both. Infact some nights I throw in various flavoured powders and it never tastes bad. I try to get them similar though so will have things like mixed berry hbcd's and summer fruit aminos etc. Another night I will go with orange, mango, pineapple etc.

They are not eaa's so not that good but if combined with peptopro would be fine but 5%'s all day you may aminos taste amazing. 1-2 scoops of those mixed in should make it nice.

gdaddyg8

Donating Member
Jun 11, 2018
True nutrition sells it and you can add flavoring to your powder. I recommend the heavy flavoring with fruit punch. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Any flavored powder works for me. Sometimes I may have to use a few scoops if the taste is not strong enough. You can get flavoring kits/liquids as well. It's worth trying out a few as I bought one a few weeks ago and it tastes awful and very artificial so I threw it straightaway.

cracker backer

Donating Member
May 26, 2018
I hate to say it because of the way they overhype their products, but Biotest's flavoring system for their peptopro product is actually really good.....

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
A few years ago on PM a member who had bought some peptopro and decided the taste was too horrid to bear was kind enough to send his remaining supply to me.

It absolutely has to be mixed with something to be tolerated lol. Do you take it intra-workout? I was mixing it with a watermelon karboload along with some watermelon BCAAs...even then the flavor of the PP came through, but it was certainly more tolerable. It makes most "Savory" flavors (Chocolate, vanilla, etc.) putrid immediately. I think fruit flavor, especially ones with higher acidity, tend to fare better with flavor.

Besides that...you just gotta grit your teeth and bear it lol.

Firemike36

Donating Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
If it tastes worse than True Nutritions EAAs then ugh! That crap ruined the taste of whatever you put it in. Was awful

gdaddyg8

Donating Member
Jun 11, 2018
If it tastes worse than True Nutritions EAAs then ugh! That crap ruined the taste of whatever you put it in. Was awful

TN has peach mango flavored EAAs that are really amazing. Expensive at $40 per 20 servings though.....

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007

Unflavored eaa's are the worst thing I have ever tasted. They were so bad I threw them away. Nothing would get rid of the taste. I could mask it a lot but it was still horrible. I don't know what these companies use for their flavored eaa's. It must be diluted down a lot from other powders (flavors, sweetners).

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
Any old timers remember the cherry flavored pre digested protein from the early 80s?...it was thick as syrup and tasted horrible......kvh

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
Any old timers remember the cherry flavored pre digested protein from the early 80s?...it was thick as syrup and tasted horrible......kvh
I am 28 years young so I only know the stories, but my understanding is that before 2000 the majority of all supplement powders (with the exception of some protein powders) tasted like ass and had to be forced down. A lot of us younger guys don't know the struggle before just about everything was marketed through flavor and tasted at least decent.

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
I am 28 years young so I only know the stories, but my understanding is that before 2000 the majority of all supplement powders (with the exception of some protein powders) tasted like ass and had to be forced down. A lot of us younger guys don't know the struggle before just about everything was marketed through flavor and tasted at least decent.

The powdered protein that Arnold and the rest marketed through weiders magazine tasted horrible and did not mix at all...many of us resorted to using powdered milk as a protein supplement...supplements have come a long way in the past 35-40 years.......kvh

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Unflavored eaa's are the worst thing I have ever tasted. They were so bad I threw them away. Nothing would get rid of the taste. I could mask it a lot but it was still horrible. I don't know what these companies use for their flavored eaa's. It must be diluted down a lot from other powders (flavors, sweetners).

I have thought the same. Most flavored eaa's I have tried have tasted great. Whereas unflavored eaa's taste really bad. They can be so bad it's hard to even drink them.