©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

HGH Fridge or Freezer ?

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I have always kept in the fridge, I am in between houses moving right now and don't really have a fridge to keep it in for the next 2 weeks, I have my big chest freezer at work waiting for the new house to move into, Can we keep GH in the freezer ? will it effect it at all ?
I had old rips in the fridge for well over a year and they were just as strong as when I got them

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I had some kefei I took with me to Colorado
For work. I was afraid to put them in the mini fridge at the room so they stayed tucked in my bag. Several weeks this went on.

Once home i did a serum test and the
Score was respectable at around 25-26

I would not freeze them but that’s just me.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Ive always kept mine in the fridge, im with rajjin i wouldnt freeze it stuffs fairly fragile to begin with i would think freezing would ruin it.

jimmy14

Donating Member
Nov 29, 2017
I have always kept in the fridge, I am in between houses moving right now and don't really have a fridge to keep it in for the next 2 weeks, I have my big chest freezer at work waiting for the new house to move into, Can we keep GH in the freezer ? will it effect it at all ?
I had old rips in the fridge for well over a year and they were just as strong as when I got them
Ya def don't freeze it bro I've done it i actually did it to experiment it was 2 vials cause I had guys telling yes it's good and no don't do it so only real way to find out was to do it myself. It was in there for about a week I took both out and I let one sit for couple hours to thaw out and after reconstituting both of them they were cloudy. I wouldn't chance it. After it's mixed I def would keep it cold.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

jimmy14

Donating Member
Nov 29, 2017
I had some kefei I took with me to Colorado
For work. I was afraid to put them in the mini fridge at the room so they stayed tucked in my bag. Several weeks this went on.

Once home i did a serum test and the
Score was respectable at around 25-26

I would not freeze them but that’s just me.
Ya but did you test IGF cause I've had 23 hgh serum and 180 IGF. Ya it's real gh but potency wasn't there

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

armada

Mar 5, 2017
I wouldn't keep them in the freezer. Peptides are very delicate, and I wouldn't trust GH that was in the freezer as a result. Most GH needs to be kept refrigerated within a specific temperature range prior to reconstitution.

ztinman

Jul 11, 2017
On the same subject, what about ordering sponsor gh that is shipped in the heat? Never seen it shipped with cold packs.. or how long it takes to come from China...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucsumma

Aug 17, 2018
Was it reconstituted already or were you storing the dry peptides in the fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
I keep my ba water in the same fridge as my GH so when I reconstitute,there is no real temp difference between the 2

Racepicks

AnaSCI VIP
Jan 5, 2013
I think everyone already answered your question. Let me take this a little further. If you purchase kits of HGH, it is not best practice to store in your refrigerator:naughty1:. As much as freezing will damage the product, refrigerating, then leaving in room temperature and refrigerating again may also cause problems. Best case scenario is to store in a place not subject to direct sunlight. This is defined as a cool, dark place. Take it from someone who knows first hand, before your kits arrive in your mailbox, they may have been sitting in someone's closet for a month.

After reconstituting, always keep refrigerated.

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
I think everyone already answered your question. Let me take this a little further. If you purchase kits of HGH, it is not best practice to store in your refrigerator:naughty1:. As much as freezing will damage the product, refrigerating, then leaving in room temperature and refrigerating again may also cause problems. Best case scenario is to store in a place not subject to direct sunlight. This is defined as a cool, dark place. Take it from someone who knows first hand, before your kits arrive in your mailbox, they may have been sitting in someone's closet for a month.

After reconstituting, always keep refrigerated.
I'd have to disagree with that. The lower the temperature, the more slowly the GH will degrade over time. Rapid changes in temperature could be detrimental, but a change from 5°C (41°F) to 23°C (73°F) and back over an hour plus is very unlikely to have an impact on peptide stability.

Furthermore, this can be easily avoided. When my kits arrive, I put them in the fridge. The first time any vial leaves the fridge is when I reconstitute it (with BAC water of the same temperature).

Also, I'm not even sure that freezing unconstituted GH has any negative effect. All the studies that show degradation of peptides due to freezing/thawing are on peptides in aqueous solution (i.e. reconstituted). Based on the following guidelines, all peptides in the form of lyophilized powder should be stored below freezing. They do note that repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided (also for peptides in powder form), but that should be doable as well for anyone living in an area with reliable electricity supply.

Handling and Storage Guidelines for Peptides and Proteins

The product vial should be tightly capped at all times when not in use.
While some peptides and proteins are stabile at 4 °C, we recommend –20 °C for short-term storage (1–2 weeks) and –80 °C for longer storage. It is always advisable to store away from bright light.
Exposure to moisture will greatly decrease the long-term stability. Before using the peptide, remove from cold storage and allow the peptide to equilibrate to room temperature before removing the lid of the container. This will reduce the uptake of moisture that is present in the surrounding atmosphere.
Peptide sequences containing C, M, or W are prone to air oxidation. All cysteine-containing peptides will slowly oxidize with time, the rate of which is largely dependent on the sequence and storage conditions. It is recommended to purge the air out of the vial and replace it with a blanket of nitrogen or argon.
When known, Sigma® will supply the solubility information on the Product Detail page or on the Certificate of Analysis. In the event solubility information is not known, we recommend following our peptide solubility guidelines.
When preparing a working stock solution, make a solution that is at a higher concentration than required for the experimental assay by dissolving the peptide in sterile distilled water or sterile dilute acetic acid (0.1%), where applicable. The stock solution peptide can be diluted further with the assay buffer. If the peptide does not dissolve in water or acetic acid, the peptide solution can be lyophilized without any nonvolatile residues. Once the peptide is lyophilized, other stronger solvents can be tried (see step 5).
Repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided for both lyophilized peptides and peptide solutions. If peptide samples need to be frequently or periodically taken from the stock, it is recommended to make a series of working aliquots from the stock.
In general, peptide solutions are stable for up to a week at 4 °C. However, if the peptide sequence has inherent instability, it might be better to freeze the solution when not in use. Peptide solutions at pH>8 should also be frozen when not in use.
The shelf life of peptide solutions is limited. Peptides containing N, Q, C, M and W are unstable when stored in solution. Using sterile buffers (pH 5–6) and freezing the aliquots will prolong the storage life of the peptide. Storage at –20 °C or colder is optimal.
The most effective way to prevent or minimize peptide degradation is to store the peptide in lyophilized/powder form at –20 °C or preferably at –80 °C. If the peptide is in solution, freeze thaw cycles should be avoided by freezing individual aliquots. Exposure to pH>8 should be avoided. However, if it is necessary to dissolve peptides at pH>8, the solutions should be chilled. Finally, prolonged exposure of lyophilized peptides and solutions (especially at high pH) to atmospheric oxygen should be minimized.
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-s.../technical-resource/handling-and-storage.html