©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Avocado Oil!

armada

Mar 5, 2017
I have tried a lot of cooking oils, and over the past year or so have really enjoyed used avocado oil.

It has a relatively high smoke point.

It doesn't have a very strong flavor like EVOO or coconut oil, so it goes well with pretty much anything.

It is also fairly cheap.

It's mostly monounsatured, ~14% saturated fat, ~14% polyunsaturated fat.

I only use 1/2 a serving in 1 of my meals each day.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Nice. Whenever I see it I buy it. I may have to start ordering it online as nowhere sells it close to me. Macadamia nut oil is my fav with avocado probably 2nd. I don't cook with avocado as I don't want to ruin any so mainly add it to foods. Trying to have more greens and usually add it to those.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
I love it. Like any oil, there are big differences in quality. The first one I bought was a very pale yellowish color. It was probably overly heated and refined.

The one I now use is a deep green color and tastes amazing.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
I am going to add this in. Avocados are so good for you and I bet this tastes nice on salads.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
I am going to add this in. Avocados are so good for you and I bet this tastes nice on salads.

Its good on salads, but I also even add it into pasta dishes, as it's not a super powerful flavor.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Love avscado period yum lol
I take tomatoes, cucumbers avocados chop tiny mix with little feta Italian seasoning and olive oil but maybe try avacado next

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Avocado oil is in Stan Efferding's list of good fats for his vertical diet.