©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

concrete

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I'm throwing this question to you because you seem to have a bit of experience with met but I'd appreciate input from anyone.

I'm going to start running that met this week and curious of how dramatic of a difference and how quick of a difference it's going to make, or how quick did it change for you personally when you started running it. I can run a shit ton of slin normally if I chose to but kinda leary of how fast and hard the met will work if that makes sense. I know my sensitivity is poor so I expect somewhat of a big change .

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Metformin isn't as strong as you may think. It's nothing like insulin in comparison.

When I'm on a heavy cycle of insulin I'll run 1500ml per day in 500/3xper day. Going hypo is the farthest thing you should be concerned about.

There's a ton of studies showing good and bad things about using the drug. What stands out most to me is guys like John Medows and others of his knowledge level still use met for insulin sensitivity for most. Seams like they all gravitate to it. A simple search "metformin for body building and insulin use" will yield scrolls of information. Hope this helps!

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Metformin isn't as strong as you may think. It's nothing like insulin in comparison.

When I'm on a heavy cycle of insulin I'll run 1500ml per day in 500/3xper day. Going hypo is the farthest thing you should be concerned about.

There's a ton of studies showing good and bad things about using the drug. What stands out most to me is guys like John Medows and others of his knowledge level still use met for insulin sensitivity for most. Seams like they all gravitate to it. A simple search "metformin for body building and insulin use" will yield scrolls of information. Hope this helps!

Thanks concrete that's exactly what I was looking for . I am still reading on it as time allows and have in the past but a first hand account as you just gave seems to relate for me better. thanks again

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I would still be careful when using insulin again. Metformin can incease senisitivity fast especially if you lost it from constant insulin use. So if you can usually hit 10-20iu humalog without a lot of carbs be careful and start lower after using metformin. How are you getting on with the met? What dose are you using?

Firemike36

Donating Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida

Have you used Met without insulin before? I've been doing some reading on it and it seems like some tend to think it would be helpful for a lot of people just in terms of maintenance of blood glucose levels. The one thing I've read a lot on the message boards though is that it tends to cause some severe GI issues for a lot of folks. Did you have that problem with it also? Was considering talking to my doc to get a script for it.

johnnythunders

Donating Member
Jun 8, 2017
There is a ton of good info around met. Its an established med. There's a fair amount of info surrounding met for longevity purposes. this is a pretty controversial topic w/ regard to "anti-aging". The TAME study thats going on right now may be worth a read. I believe there is a TED talk on it as well.

I have a number of friends/family members that take it proactively to address insulin sensitivity and for potential health benefits that we don't fully understand yet (TAME study).

Almost everyone that I've seen take it report weight/fat loss. I know two women on it right now that haven't changed anything else about training/diet and speak highly of it because of the weight loss effect.

For me, the gi issues are for real. I get terrible gas from it. My gf and a couple of family members don't at all. Whenever I take met, I tend to feel hypo from time to time even at low dose (500 mg e/d). I would definitely start at low dose and titrate up especially if supping slin. Different people have very different responses.

Just start low, see how you respond. It's a pretty safe med on it's own compared to slin.

Hope thats helpful.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
There is a ton of good info around met. Its an established med. There's a fair amount of info surrounding met for longevity purposes. this is a pretty controversial topic w/ regard to "anti-aging". The TAME study thats going on right now may be worth a read. I believe there is a TED talk on it as well.

I have a number of friends/family members that take it proactively to address insulin sensitivity and for potential health benefits that we don't fully understand yet (TAME study).

Almost everyone that I've seen take it report weight/fat loss. I know two women on it right now that haven't changed anything else about training/diet and speak highly of it because of the weight loss effect.

For me, the gi issues are for real. I get terrible gas from it. My gf and a couple of family members don't at all. Whenever I take met, I tend to feel hypo from time to time even at low dose (500 mg e/d). I would definitely start at low dose and titrate up especially if supping slin. Different people have very different responses.

Just start low, see how you respond. It's a pretty safe med on it's own compared to slin.

Hope thats helpful.

Great information here! I think the most common confusion between Metformin and insulin is how the two respond to sugars in the body. Insulin acts as a driver of sugars from the blood to the cells and Metformin BLOCKS sugars. Two completely different actions entirely.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I'm just getting going with it. I had a issue with my tren that pushed my schedule but so far no issues but I'm also not on the tren yet as planned and I'm not going to run the slin for a few days . Will keep updated how it goes.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Just a quick update I haven't noticed alot from the met yet . I started at a 1000 and now at 1500 . Only sides I noticed is at times I sweat after my dose this seems more prevalent in my evening dose after work. As for stomach issues I've gotten gas for a few minutes after taking the dose but it's every now and then . It's very dependant also on how close after a meal not pre meal and what the meal was, veggies have done it more than anything if I'm remembering right.