©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

I keep getting hard lumps at injection sites

Dyers Eve

Oct 3, 2011
Hey guys hope you can help me out. As the title says I keep getting hard lumps at every site I inject. Glutes, thighs, and shoulders. It’s literally a pain in the ass to sit down or bend my leg normally. None of these sites are infected for sure. No redness, it’s just a hard lump the size of a golf ball.
I’ve been doing this for over 10 years and this is a recent problem within the last few months. I’ve used the same sponsor for years and his stuff is legit. It’s even been tested on this board.
I usually mix npp with sust when I inject.
Does anyone have any ideas that may help?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Hey guys hope you can help me out. As the title says I keep getting hard lumps at every site I inject. Glutes, thighs, and shoulders. It’s literally a pain in the ass to sit down or bend my leg normally. None of these sites are infected for sure. No redness, it’s just a hard lump the size of a golf ball.
I’ve been doing this for over 10 years and this is a recent problem within the last few months. I’ve used the same sponsor for years and his stuff is legit. It’s even been tested on this board.
I usually mix npp with sust when I inject.
Does anyone have any ideas that may help?

What needle size do you use? The deeper the better if you want to avoid lumps.

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
How many ml per shot? How much time in seconds does it take you to shoot that amount? Do you warm up the oil? Do you massage or warm up (say with hot shower) the muscle to be injected? Do you reckon you have accumulated scar tissue in your common injection spots?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I know silly- and just a shot in the dark - but - make sure your completely done injecting before pulling out.
That's the only time I get knots like that
Or llike others say
injecting to fast?
Scar tissue?
Supplier changed something?
Or your body chemistry changed?
That's all I got

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
I typically only get the lump if I inject too fast. But I’ve also got it from gear that probably had a little bacteria in it or the solvents were a bit high. it would get hard and hot for about a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I’ve gotten them from time to time. Nothing major to worry about. I’ve never been able to figure out any rhyme or reason why they occur, though. Mine typically disappear in 1-2 weeks.

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
Maybe an allergic reaction to the carrier oil or too much benzyl alcohol used?

I think you are correct. I’ve only had this problem a few time. It’s not the depth I go subq now and have never had a lump. Definitely an allergic reaction.

johnnythunders

Donating Member
Jun 8, 2017
has there been a change in carrier oil or solvents?

its possible to develop allergies over time. something you may not have reacted to in the past may give you a reaction today.

Dyers Eve

Oct 3, 2011
Well today I sat on a heating pad for about 10 minutes and also warmed up sust and npp then injected. Massages for a few the. Sat on the pad about another 5 minutes. Tomorrow we will see what happens.
As some of you have noted it’s possible the carrier oil has changed. I will have to ask his rep.
If it is a change in oil I assume I’m allergic to it? Will it still work the same even if it is an allergic reaction?

Firemike36

Donating Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
I have the same problem at times. It's hard to figure because it doesnt happen every shot, even on the same site. But then suddenly one shot and boom golf ball for a couple of weeks. I tend to alternate sites also but then it gets tough when its time to use that site again and it has a golf ball lump in it. If its the BA I usually can tell because I generally feel a bit crappy the day after the shot. The only thing that seems to help is to keep massaging that area throughout the day once it develops the lump.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
It could be the oil. I would inject new sites just to be sure. Finding out any changes in the formula from your supplier will let you know as well.

Winny230

Aug 5, 2018
Are you mixing oil and water? I’ve found this to happen sometimes with test and l-car. I’d also maybe reduce the volume of shots if they are large, maybe try to keep it under 2cc to start. Beyond that, when doing the shots recently I’ve had much better luck with slowly pushing g the oil in, say 1ml at a time and letting it rest, then slowly do the next ml and so on to completion. Then let it sit for minute or so prior to pulling out the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thumos

Aug 20, 2018
Gotta rub them out. I never did till recently. It works. Just deep tissue massage that thing till you want to cry. Then again tomorrow. Again. Eventually, they get absorbed.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Try a other injection spot and rub for 1-3mins after injection. All of the above opinions are correct as it can be a mix of the issues or 1 until you try other methods. Try getting the lumps next to your sciatic nerve, it fucking sucks. Try your deltoids instead of glutes and see what happens.. im assuming you are hitting the glutes rather than delts or quads.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
could be one of two things.. you arent properly "relaxed" when taking the shot..or there is too much alcohol in the oil causing the reaction.. if there is too much alcohol that really isnt a bad thing... it means its sterile.. id sudgest when taking a glute shot... relax that leg completley... cross it over your other legs ankle and relax...