©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

1994 Mr Olympia Dorian vs Shawn

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Shaun looked great but at the end when stood together you can see the massive size difference. I think that alone is why he could never beat Dorian.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Every competitor was in condition back then. Definitely the best era for bodybuilding!

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I wonder how those guys would place if you put them all on stage with the 2018 Olympia competitors. I believe Dorian would still be no.1.

DPH

Oct 12, 2018
I wonder how those guys would place if you put them all on stage with the 2018 Olympia competitors. I believe Dorian would still be no.1.

Agreed. Flex, Shawn & Levrone would make top 6 IMO. Then again it's all about the era judging criteria, ie, sliced glutes seeming to be a factor now. Now if you said let's put the top 6 of 2018 back in the early-mid 90's, I believe the current crop would be disappointed.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Agreed. Flex, Shawn & Levrone would make top 6 IMO. Then again it's all about the era judging criteria, ie, sliced glutes seeming to be a factor now. Now if you said let's put the top 6 of 2018 back in the early-mid 90's, I believe the current crop would be disappointed.

Agreed. It would be interesting having guys like Paul Dillett stood next to Roelly. Dillett came 4th that year. The top 3 in 94 would easily be in the top 6. Something like Dorian, Shaun, Kevin, Rhoden, Dillett, Roelly, Phil. I put Roelly a head of Phil because I think the 94 judges would unfavor the gut even more.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007

Agreed. It would be interesting having guys like Paul Dillett stood next to Roelly. Dillett came 4th that year. The top 3 in 94 would easily be in the top 6. Something like Dorian, Shaun, Kevin, Rhoden, Dillett, Roelly, Phil. I put Roelly a head of Phil because I think the 94 judges would unfavor the gut even more.

The judges from each era would probably look at things differently. Although Dorian would still be a clear winner for me as well. I had Kevin second. Having Roelly stood next to Dorian would be interesting as well. They are bigger today but definitely not better.

weltweite

Aug 14, 2015
The judges from each era would probably look at things differently. Although Dorian would still be a clear winner for me as well. I had Kevin second. Having Roelly stood next to Dorian would be interesting as well. They are bigger today but definitely not better.

Roelly looked like he was right out of a comic book this year. Hopefully he can bring up his back a bit more though