AnaSCI - Fitness Evolved

Buy Needles and Syringes with NO PRESCRIPTION   Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products   Cheap Pure Supplements

©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2019

Synthetek Syntherol  

Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Log Out

AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved

Automatic Translations (Powered by Yandex):
Albanian Belarusian Catalan Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Hungarian Italian Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Norwegian Portuguese Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Turkish Ukrainian

Go Back   Anabolic Steroids Discussion and Bodybuilding Forum > Diet, Nutrition & Supps Section > Diet, Nutrition & Supplements Discussion

Goat meat
Old
  (#1)
Sully
AnaSCI VET / Donating Member

Goat meat - 10-10-2018, 06:35 AM

I found this article on goat meat in the US. Anyone that has had goat meat before can confirm that itís really excellent meat, and it would be free range and hormone free, as well. Now I just have to figure out where to buy it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/goat-...b028e1fe3bcfa2

GearPro Rep
[email protected]

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle

Old
  (#2)
Robertftw
AnaSCI MEMBER

10-10-2018, 07:00 AM

I love it, I get curry goat at the Jamaican restaurants here in south Florida.

Old
  (#3)
squatster
AnaSCI VET

10-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Try some billy goat sully
Get a nice mature male

Old
  (#4)
Sully

10-10-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatster View Post
Try some billy goat sully
Get a nice mature male
Iíve eaten plenty of goat, buddy. Itís one of my favorite, itís just not as convenient to buy as going to Samís club and loading up on chicken and steak. And I figured a lot of guys here probably havenít ever been exposed to it before, so they might like to know that itís a really good alternative. I especially like that itís lower in saturated fats than other red meats like beef, as well as being leaner.

Iím going to have to find somewhere around me that I can start sourcing it, though. Looks like the deep freeze is about to get crowded.

GearPro Rep
[email protected]

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle

Old
  (#5)
ASHOP
AnaSCI VET

Lightbulb 10-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertftw View Post
I love it, I get curry goat at the Jamaican restaurants here in south Florida.
I have friends who love it. Haven't tried it myself.

Old
  (#6)
Robertftw
AnaSCI MEMBER

10-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHOP View Post
I have friends who love it. Haven't tried it myself.

If you like curry itís awesome.

Old
  (#7)
striffe
AnaSCI VET

10-15-2018, 07:23 PM

I have never tried it. I only had deer meat for the first time recently.

Old
  (#8)
odin
AnaSCI VET

10-17-2018, 12:48 AM

Only issue with meats like this is they are always more expensive. Although any good quality chicken is still expensive and most of the cheap stuff is full of hormones and water.

"The foolish man thinks he will live for ever,
if he keeps away from fighting;
but old age won't grant him a truce
even if the spears do."

Old
  (#9)
aon1

11-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Iíve eaten plenty of goat, buddy. Itís one of my favorite, itís just not as convenient to buy as going to Samís club and loading up on chicken and steak. And I figured a lot of guys here probably havenít ever been exposed to it before, so they might like to know that itís a really good alternative. I especially like that itís lower in saturated fats than other red meats like beef, as well as being leaner.

Iím going to have to find somewhere around me that I can start sourcing it, though. Looks like the deep freeze is about to get crowded.
In your area and southern Indiana the best place I find for this kind of meat is the smaller butchers, the ones that deal with alot of the local farmers personal meat butchering usually have a local farmer they can refer you to for the live stock your after and at a really good price. They usually can have it brought to the shop for you and butcher it for a better price than you can buy elsewhere. All you have to do is bring a couple coolers and pick up. If you want to drive a little into Indiana the butcher in canelburg I believe it's called is very good . I've never gotten meat that was even close to being subpar. Probably should check the spelling on that town though . It's just a little speck in the road around 45 min to an hour from Louisville.

You can grow old graceful ......me I'll meet my maker full tilt anytime that coward wants to come get some.....

Old
  (#10)
ASHOP
AnaSCI VET

Lightbulb 11-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striffe View Post
I have never tried it. I only had deer meat for the first time recently.
Venison is something I do NOT like. Not my thing at all.

Old
  (#11)
Sully

11-04-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aon1 View Post
In your area and southern Indiana the best place I find for this kind of meat is the smaller butchers, the ones that deal with alot of the local farmers personal meat butchering usually have a local farmer they can refer you to for the live stock your after and at a really good price. They usually can have it brought to the shop for you and butcher it for a better price than you can buy elsewhere. All you have to do is bring a couple coolers and pick up. If you want to drive a little into Indiana the butcher in canelburg I believe it's called is very good . I've never gotten meat that was even close to being subpar. Probably should check the spelling on that town though . It's just a little speck in the road around 45 min to an hour from Louisville.
Thanks for the tip. Iíll look it up and do some checking.

GearPro Rep
[email protected]

Old
  (#12)
Kinetix

11-05-2018, 02:20 PM

oh so yummy!

- As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another!
- proverbs: 27:17

Old
  (#13)
Durro

11-05-2018, 05:28 PM

I grew up with my grandpa and we would butcher cows, pigs, sheep, goats in our backyard. The whole family would participate the men would kill and dress and the woman would handle the innards. We did a turkey for Thanksgiving one year and a few chickens. Always from local ranchers and thatís the best meat you can get a lot of work but itís worth it meat for months!
Family members uncles and cousins would hunt deer and elk and would give us meat for helping them slaughter and store meat in the freezer. Wild game has a stronger flavor. Go for it You can find goat in Greek restaurants.

Old
  (#14)
Durro

11-05-2018, 05:32 PM

I forgot to mention nothing went to waste. We would eat everything even roast the heads in the oven and eat the cheeks, eyes and tongue. Yes the heart, kidneys and intestines also but not the lungs. I canít remember.

Old
  (#15)
Getbiger
Donating Member

11-06-2018, 01:25 AM

If there's one in your area, try a middle eastern grocery store or halal butcher. They're the most likely to carry it because it's very common in curries and such.

Old
  (#16)
Getbiger
Donating Member

11-06-2018, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHOP View Post
Venison is something I do NOT like. Not my thing at all.
I don't like venison if it hasn't been butchered properly and cured. Most people dont take the time to remove tarsel glands right after their harvest before field dressing and leave the skin on afterwards to draw out the toxins which leave the gamey flavor.

Old
  (#17)
Sully

11-06-2018, 06:42 PM

What are tarsel glands? Never heard of those.

GearPro Rep
[email protected]

Old
  (#18)
*KT*
Donating Member

11-10-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
What are tarsel glands? Never heard of those.
Believe he is talking about the scent glands on their legs although i have never removed them myself. Plenty of deer to kill in TN, current limit is 3 does per day lol. Have a local mennonite beef farm that does alot of deer processing. They put small amts of beef fat in the deer meat. Pretty tasty.

Old
  (#19)
Getbiger
Donating Member

11-15-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT* View Post
Believe he is talking about the scent glands on their legs although i have never removed them myself. Plenty of deer to kill in TN, current limit is 3 does per day lol. Have a local mennonite beef farm that does alot of deer processing. They put small amts of beef fat in the deer meat. Pretty tasty.
Yup. On the inside of their hind legs. If you take em off immediately after them being harvested it dramatically reduces the gamey flavor. My wife refused to eat deer. I snuck some in on her and she didn't even know. Now she loves it!

Old
  (#20)
*KT*
Donating Member

11-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getbiger View Post
Yup. On the inside of their hind legs. If you take em off immediately after them being harvested it dramatically reduces the gamey flavor. My wife refused to eat deer. I snuck some in on her and she didn't even know. Now she loves it!
Hows that. Does it still touch the meat or circulate thru the body somehow?

KT