©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What would you do IF...

DPH

Oct 12, 2018
...you could go back in time to train with anyone for 2 weeks? You can choose who, when, and any age you wish to be for this time.

For me, I'd go back to the early 70's and train with Arnold. I would choose to be 28 at that time - a time when I wasn't my biggest, but I was my strongest and injury free. Man that would fukkin' RULE! :D

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
Late 70s at Blacks gym in Cleveland with all of their powerlifting monsters...

DPH

Oct 12, 2018
Main reason I would want to train with Arnold - of course other than the fact it's ARNOLD - is bcoz I would like to see how intense he trained. Off season he trained 6x ew, hitting each bdpt 2x ew. OK so I did that before - do-able for sure. BUT for contest training, he hit each bdpt 3x ew. I remember reading Platz said - yes, PLATZ - that he tried training with Arnold for 2 weeks during his pre-contest training. He said after 2 weeks, he was completely burned out, felt drained, losing strength, so he went back to his way of training. That's saying something coming from Platz.

Honestly I cannot even fathom hitting chest & back in the morning, then coming back in the evening for legs - that shits insane! Next day arms & delts in the morning, then abs & calves in evening - a cake walk compared to the previous workout. Then repeat that sequence 2 more times throughout the week. Many say he had a recovery like nobody else.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Probably Dorian in the 90's in Temple Gym. I would be 27 for the same reasons as you DPH. At that age I was injury free, had a good base but still a lot to learn.

franktasey

Mar 9, 2013
I start at 18. Pick there minds as much as i can. Start juicing at 25. Dorian would be my guy. He was first to manipulate hgh and insulin.