©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Awol

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
It's been a day or two since I've been on the boards. Last Tuesday (the 10th) I was on my way home from work, looking forward to working out when a little old lady in a mini-van pulled in front of me and totalled my motorcycle. I am pretty lucky.
I was on the inside lane of a four lane highway when she crossed both lanes from my right to get in the middle lane so she could turn left. She was actually slowing down in my lane to prepare to enter the middle lane without overshooting it.
I had about 30 to 45 feet from the time I first saw her to get my bike to stop from 60mph. I locked it up and hit her behind the rear wheel area on the drivers side. She was almost looking into my eyes as I made contact.
The impact threw me over the bike where I landed on my head and shoulder on the other side of her van. I broke my scapula when I landed, but the scapula is a thin bone and there isn't much to do for it except let it heal. When I was thrown off of the bike I got a severe stretch in my groin. The only time there is no pain is when I hold my legs together and everything below my waist is black and blue. The worst injury I received was a L shaped gash to the inside of my left leg. It looked like I had broken my leg, but as it turns out I tore it on something on the bike or the van. The bleeding from the cut was so severe that one of the witnesses put a tourniquet around it. I also broke my left big toe.
A week later, my left leg is swollen to twice the normal size and i am living on painkillers.
When I start feeling better, I will be back to post some more.
I hope you and yours are having a better day. You don't know what a blessing it is to be able to work out....until you can't.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Glad you're ok,that is to say glad it wasn't worse.
I ride too but not as much since my daughter was born 18mos ago.
think Im going to sell my bike. HD '99 Night Train.
I wont miss it now. Ive seen two friends killed since Ive had mine.
Hearts not in it like it use to be.
Sorry DR.,Take it easy and Heal up quick.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Shit DR, I'm glad your still here with us! Typical woman driver huh....head up ass. She was probably on her cell phone or putting lipstick on. I hope you heal up and feel better soon bro. Best wishes. :)

Nomad

Feb 9, 2005
DR,

Sorry to hear about the accident...glad you will be ok. Take care & Rest up, the weights will be waiting for you when you get healthy.

Stay Positive :)

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
shit that sucks , I hope you have a speedy recovery.I have not owned a bike since I got married my wife just worries too much,
crap you are just starting a cycle as well right?

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
HOLY CRAP! Just glad you can tell us the story and are still alive. The roads are just too crowded these days for us steel cowboys. Heal fast

mojo

Feb 1, 2005
DR, wish you a fast and healthy recovery. get well soon bro!

P

pincrusher

damn DR sorry to hear about the accident. its a shame because most car drivers just have no respect for people on motorcycles anymore. this is why i have declined to get one in the past and will continue to decline in the future.
hope you heal fast and are back on the boards soon and also back in the gym. i know the feeling about not realizing how important lifting can be till you can.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
I was wondering where you have been. Hope the pain eases up for you and you heal up quick. Enjoy your wife waiting on you hand and foot!!! :D

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Wow. I've got nothing snappy to say except "that really sucks." I guess I wont post about my little shoulder pain. Seems quite insignificant now. Good luck with recovery.

dpac207

Jun 30, 2004
hate to hear that DR, you should be good 2 go in a couple of months shouldn't you?

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Very sorry to hear DR! If you are like me, you're more upset about your bike than anything else. :D
Take it easy brother.

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Hey Dr If You Have Any Gear You Need Me To Watch For You While Your Recovering Let Me Know I'll Be Happy To Lend A Hand

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Sorry to hear that, i was wondering where you've been. Sounds to me like you were lucky. Heal well and take it easy with the painkillers.