©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gyno Surgery - who has had it?

DrZaius7

Jan 17, 2019
I posted this in a different forum by mistake. I think it probably belongs here.

Seriously considering gyno surgery. Have already met with a plastic surgeon. Would like to hear how the recovery was from guys that have had it done. Tissue removal, not just lipo.

How was the post surgery pain? How long is ideal time frame to take off from work to heal? Did you have any drains?

Thanks

mikkedj

Nov 26, 2018
Had it done back the early 90's. Not fun but not terrible. I think I only missed a couple of days of work but what I do is not physically demanding. I think I took about week off training.

My drain got blocked so I had some pretty good swelling. I also don't tolerate anesthesia well so all I had was a local and the surgeon hit a nerve during the procedure and I about flew off the table. I would not do that again.

I've had a lot of injuries over the years and by comparison this was relatively easy to work through.

saffire

Feb 7, 2018
I just had a mild yet pretty invasive surgery. And no issues at all. You'll be fine. Gyno surgery is very minimal and fast considering other surgeries. My buddy just got gyno removed from one side and it was a 30 minute procedure and was driving back home after the procedure was done.

Thaistick

Mar 5, 2016
I had it. No drains. Had it done by an internal surgeon, insurance covers it as a precancerous mass. He specializes in breast cancer removal. Went very well, easy. Of course my other reference surgeries were rather traumatic. Gunshot wounds, several broken bones, cadaver bones to replace the ones the bullets exploded. Etc, etc.