©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Too Much Aromasin Causing Pain?

Tim Zane

Apr 8, 2018
I'm on week 12 of 400mg test. I've been taking 25mg ED of Aromasin. This is a lot, I know. But when I drop it to EOD my estrogen shoots back up and this is the dose that keeps it in check. The last week I started having slight pain in my right temple. Then I started feeling pain in the back right on my head a little. Now I feel some pressure behind my right eye. Doesn't seem right.

What do you think the cause is? I wanted to go 4 more weeks, but pain in the head seems a little more serious than side effects like lethargy and what not. I don't want to screw myself up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
When you say it shoots back up, I'm assuming you're doing blood work and know what the numbers are? Higher than normal estrogen is to be expected and not necessarily a bad thing. Were you having negative sides from higher than normal estrogen?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Don't forget- there's a lot of sickness out there right now
Check the old blood pressure
Drop the aromasin for a week to see if it's that.
Give blood?
Maybe your bloods to thick?
Water? Are you holding water?
Are you drinking enough?
When is the last time you have done a detox?
What are you doing for vitamins?
Do you have any sinus issues in spring?
Have you ever had this problem before?
For me I need to keep anti estrogens at a minimum or I feel like shit.
Sorry for all the questions
As you can tell I have no answers for you man
Let us know how you make out our what you find.
Lots of people will benefit from this

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
It can be difficult to determine what it is exactly. I always start with dosages that are 1/2 of what's recommended and ease into it. Rapid hormonal changes cause many symptoms.
Everytime I've used nolvadex our aromasin. I get pain and headaches AND my mood gets dark. Now I avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I have never had Aromasin give me those sides but that is just me. I do think that 25mg/day of aromasin is overkill as it is very strong especially if you are only on 400mg/wk of test. I would try 12.5 ED, some people are fine with taking it EOD but due to its half-life I would recommend ED just in smaller amounts and remember some estrogen is good.

jdup2019

Apr 28, 2019
absolutely the pain is from crashing your estro levels. if my estro goes down to 15 im popping aspirin all night to sleep. you want your estro at around 30.

Tim Zane

Apr 8, 2018
My blood pressure is a little elevated at 145/71. So maybe that could be it. That's up from 134/80 ish.

I drink a ton of water so it has nothing to do with hydration. If it was my estrogen crashing I doubt I would be feeling irritation behind my right nipple. This dose keeps it at bay. When I cut it in half I start to get estro sides like that.

Tim Zane

Apr 8, 2018
Isn't thick blood either because I donated about 6 weeks ago.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I would lay off the aromasin for a few weeks then get estrogen bloodwork done. You are guessing what your estrogen is and it's no way of truly knowing. Are you only on 400mg test?

Tim Zane

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah it's only 400/wk. I'm dropping it down now to 180 a wk now. Hoping to drop the Aromasin soon but I can't because my estrogen will sky rocket. Probably get bloods in a month to check everything. I feel a bit better but haven't changed much so not sure.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah it's only 400/wk. I'm dropping it down now to 180 a wk now. Hoping to drop the Aromasin soon but I can't because my estrogen will sky rocket. Probably get bloods in a month to check everything. I feel a bit better but haven't changed much so not sure.

Aromasin doesn't just block estrogen, so when you stop it shoots back up, that's not how it works.

Quote...

"It acts as a false substrate for the aromatase enzyme, and is processed to an intermediate that binds irreversibly to the active site of the enzyme causing its inactivation, an effect also known as "suicide inhibition"."

You need to get blood work during you cycle because when estrogen is too low some of the side effects are the same as when it's high. Blood work is a must before you start, a month in and along the way.

Last edited:

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Why are you guessing what your estrogen is. Why don't you just get blood work done so you know.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Why are you guessing what your estrogen is. Why don't you just get blood work done so you know.

:yeahthat:

Too much aromasin could give you headaches but they can be caused by many reasons so you will always be guessing. Many also get joint pain from taking too many ai's.