©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Torn labrum

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Just got the MRI confirmation of a torn superior labrum. Surgery will be scheduled shortly. How bad is the PT for post surgery recovery? I’ve heard it can be pretty rough.

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Yeah buddy, I’m fine. Only hurts when I move it in certain directions. Just gonna be off work till end of August, beginning of September. Wanna find out how bad the recovery process is so I’m not going in blind.

Akamai

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 28, 2012
Well had mine repaired went through rehab.....everything was fine until lifting one day complete rupture of Pec minor right where the repair was.

Dr said yeah it happens . when explain that repair process I said forget it and left it alone

Ak

Last edited:

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Well had mine repaired went through rehab.....everything was fine until lifting one day complete rupture of Pec minor right where the repair was.

Dr said yeah it happens . when explain that repair process I said forget it and left it alone

Ak

Is that a common thing? Does the surgery to repair the labrum somehow cause a weakening in the leg minor insertion? Maybe I’m misunderstanding. The way it’s phrased almost makes it sound like the 2 are related in a direct way. Is that the case?

Also, how rough was the PT to rehab your labrum? I’ve heard it can be brutal.