©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Shawn ‘Flexatron’ Rhoden Accused of Rape

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
https://nypost.com/2019/07/12/mr-ol...rhoden-accused-of-rape-by-fellow-bodybuilder/

Bodybuilding star and Mr. Olympia winner Shawn Rhoden — aka “Flexatron” — has been charged with first-degree rape in Utah, according to cops.

The 44-year-old is accused of sexually assaulting a female bodybuilder inside of a Courtyard Marriott hotel room back in October. He has not been arrested yet, but a warrant has been issued by Salt Lake County prosecutors.

The alleged victim had tried to stop Rhoden — pushing him away and ordering him to stay back — but the hulking, 260-pound bodybuilder was too strong, according to his charging documents.

The woman told cops that he eventually got off of her and allowed her to leave, the documents said. She then went to police and immediately reported the alleged incident.

“On October 12, 2018, the Sandy City Police Department received a report of a sex offense at the Courtyard Marriott in Sandy City and Shawn Rhoden, 44-year-old male from California, was listed as a suspect,” said SCPD lieutenant Dean Carriger, speaking to The Post on Friday.

“Following an extensive investigation, Sandy Police detectives submitted the case to the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office on one allegation of rape against Shawn Rhoden,” Carriger said. “The DA’s office filed formal charges…and a warrant was subsequently issued for his arrest.”

The reigning 2018 Mr. Olympia winner was charged with one count of rape and one count of object rape, both first degree felonies. He’s also facing a forcible sexual abuse charge. His arrest warrant was issued on Thursday. It’s unclear whether Rhoden has agreed to surrender or if cops are looking to take him into custody themselves.

The bodybuilding veteran, who got his start in 1992 and has over 1.5 million followers on Instagram, describes himself online as having “one of the most sculpted, muscular physiques in the nation.”

“Shawn is not only an incredible bodybuilder in terms of the package that he brings on to the stage, but he also has an incredible fighting spirit, work ethic and the heart of a champion which are the qualities that will take him as far as he wants to go in the sport,” Rhoden’s website reads.

“Shawn ‘Flexatron’ Rhoden is a true champion and his message to everyone is to not give up on your dreams, however impossible these may seem. ‘Dream to Believe.'”

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
American Media, LLC Revokes Shawn Rhoden's Eligibility For 2019 Mr. Olympia Contest

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ty-for-2019-mr-olympia-contest-300884337.html

NEW YORK, July 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- American Media, LLC Chairman and CEO David J. Pecker, owner and operator of Joe Weider's Mr. Olympia Fitness and Performance Expo and the Mr. Olympia Contest, today announced that he is revoking the eligibility of 2018 Mr. Olympia Shawn Rhoden from competing in the 2019 and future Mr. Olympia competitions. The announcement follows the recent charges that led to a warrant issued in Utah for Mr. Rhoden stemming from an alleged incident in October 2018.

In addition to revoking Mr. Rhoden's eligibility from future Mr. Olympia competitions, American Media also announced that it would suspend coverage of Mr. Rhoden in its media brands, including Muscle & Fitness and FLEX, until the legal process has been completed.

About American Media, LLC
American Media, LLC owns and operates the leading print and digital celebrity and active lifestyle media brands in the United States. American Media's titles include Us Weekly, Star, OK!, In Touch, Life & Style, Closer, Men's Journal, Muscle & Fitness, Powder, Snowboarder, Surfer, Bike, Mr. Olympia Contest, National Enquirer and other celebrity and teen titles. American Media also manages nineteen different digital sites including Usmagazine.com, OKmagazine.com, RadarOnline.com, Intouchweekly.com, Lifeandstylemag.com, Closerweekly.com, MensJournal.com, MuscleandFitness.com, Powder.com, Surfer.com and other digital and social properties. American Media's magazines have a combined total circulation of 5.7+ million and reach approximately 49.4 million men and women each month. American Media's digital properties reach approximately 65 million unique visitors monthly.

SOURCE American Media, LLC

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I read an article where they referred to her as a "fitness competitor" but I can't find a name.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I was floored by this as well. Serious accusations that will have to be worked out through the legal system.

LTBB

Jun 25, 2019
there's three sides of a coin. head, tails, and the edge.

Im sitting on the edge. I think its important to do this

I can see both sides of the story. New evidence shows Shawn took two lie detector tests , which the Government uses, and passes them, which looks good for him.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Her name is Krechelle Hymas. No one knows what went on besides the two of them but the more info coming out about her the better his case looks. I read she has been charged with fraud more than once. Even if he is found not guilty it has probably ruined the rest of his career.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Her name is Krechelle Hymas. No one knows what went on besides the two of them but the more info coming out about her the better his case looks. I read she has been charged with fraud more than once. Even if he is found not guilty it has probably ruined the rest of his career.

:yeahthat:

It is definitely looking better for him now. Her past is shady and he has passed 2 lie detector tests. It's impossible to state what has happened. I just hope the truth comes out in court and the right person is punished.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
One thing I never get is when these stories come out people who don't know the person jump to their defence just because they are a fan. I saw ran*** people and other bodybuilders posting he must be innocent. I do agree after reading everything his case looks strong but it's impossible to know for sure.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
The whole story doesn't sound right. What was she doing in his room so late. I read she went up to have a coffee really late. How he stopped because she said her photographer downstairs will know something is wrong. They found DNA evidence on her breast. Did they find it inside her?

Durro

Jan 24, 2018
Shawn should have notified the IFBB and the Mr Olympia organization about the allegation right away. Instead of finding out the way they did.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Shawn should have notified the IFBB and the Mr Olympia organization about the allegation right away. Instead of finding out the way they did.

I doubt it would have made a difference after he was arrested and charged. The both have an image to protect.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
He could get any one he wants.
Why would he reck his hole life

I believe he is innocent but I don't understand this logic. He is a complete stranger to most people. In the fitness community he is famous but do you think that means everyone would sleep with him or someone is incapable of rape if they are famous?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
For a kick when you're down and I just read about this now. When this came out Rhoden's trainer Charles Glass took him off his friends on IG etc and blocked him straightaway. With friends like that who needs enermies :eek:

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
For a kick when you're down and I just read about this now. When this came out Rhoden's trainer Charles Glass took him off his friends on IG etc and blocked him straightaway. With friends like that who needs enermies :eek:

I wondered why he wasn't training him in the new vids just out. People must be scared if their rep is ruined just being seen with him. The more that comes out it looks like Rhoden will be innocent. If he is I wonder how he will be to all the people who deserted him.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
He is hoping to compete at the Olympia and that's why he is back in the gym. Not sure how that will be possible as I figured his case would be drawn out over many months. Any idea when this will go to court?