©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

High Prolactin Levels

Crazyc

Oct 5, 2013
I’m 38yo and been on trt for 6 years now. Never done any cycles or anything, just bump up my 100mg/wk to 200mg/wk for a bit. I’ve always had my labs done and checked my levels checked since starting try. My prolactin tested 22 ng/ml in 2015. In 2018 my prolactin tested 29.4, still not many noticeable effects. I was taking Prozac starting Jan of 2018 until I started having all the sexual issues with high prolactin and asked my primary care check since Prozac can elevate levels. October of 2018 levels were 51.9 so we switched to amitriptoline and stopped Prozac. March of 2019 testing was again done expecting results to go down, but tested 55.5.

I’m not on any medication that would cause this to increase. Before starting trt I had a. MRI on my pituitary and everything looked ok. Now I need to find an endocrinologist that treat the prolactin and do another MRI on my pituitary.

Does anyone know any other causes to raise prolactin levels other than medication? Besides a rumor on the pituitary gland. I don’t have insurance until September 1st so I’m still looking for a good endocrinologist in Oklahoma to treat me because my primary doesn’t feel comfortable prescribing anti-prolactin medication.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AM1T

Donating Member
Jun 19, 2018
Not really sure what could be causing your spike in prolactin levels, you should look into vitamin b6, that may lower your levels to where you need to be at, there are forums here that could help you with your problem, I know vitamin b6 has helped a lot of people with there prolactin levels.

Crazyc

Oct 5, 2013
Not really sure what could be causing your spike in prolactin levels, you should look into vitamin b6, that may lower your levels to where you need to be at, there are forums here that could help you with your problem, I know vitamin b6 has helped a lot of people with there prolactin levels.

Thank you. I will definitely try the b6. And I’ll read up on the issues that can be caused by low b6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AM1T

Donating Member
Jun 19, 2018
I wasn't saying your b6 levels are low, most likely there fine, people take high doses of b6 to inhibit prolactin, you should do some research on it before you try it just to make sure you understand what it does to you, In general I think the recommended starting dose is 300mg a day, anyways please keep us informed on your results if you go that route, good luck bro!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Since your adamant about no prescription meds I would try B6. Currently I think that's your best option. If you go the meds route CABER @ 1/2MG twice per week works great.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Since your adamant about no prescription meds I would try B6. Currently I think that's your best option. If you go the meds route CABER @ 1/2MG twice per week works great.

Caber is the best thing for prolactin in my experience. VitB6 would be worth trying first though. High tryptophan and beta glucans can mean higher prolactin levels. I also read lauric acid (high in coconut oil) can do the same. One of the worst foods would be oats so anyone eating a lot of them could be increasing prolactin without realizing it.

Swolabetic

Jan 26, 2020
Interested in the B6 thing as well. Caber is expensive, and from what I have researched not something you want to be on as sides can be bad. However it DOES work. If hugh does on b6 would help, totally worth it!