©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Aspiration and pin size

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
how nessary is Aspiration with glute injections? everytime I try to Aspiration I get a lot of suction , like a vaccume, which I guess is good, but its really uncomfortable trying to pull back the plunger when its in my glute.

another question was pin size. whats the smallest I can use? the 22g im useing dosen't go in very easy.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I aspirate on every injection. Some people dont, but its just habit for me. Are you trying to really pull back on the stopper? All you have to is is pull back gently and just a tiny bit.

To answer your other question, it depends on what you are shooting. If its testosterone, I use a 23g. You can use smaller for some winny shots. Why isnt your 22g going in easy?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Your 22gauge should be going in pretty fast. That's a big pin. Is that the only size you can find? Remember before inserting the pin into the vial to pull back on the plunger and get the same amount of air that's in the vial into the syringe first (about 2cc's) stick the pin into the vial and push the air into it. Then withdraw the gear. That normally will help with the vacuum like feeling your getting from the pin.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I remember when I started out and was just a junior juiceling. I used 21gs for everything. I bled like a bitch too!

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
when I inject I have to push really hard before it accually peirces. im drawing with the same pin im injecting with, maybe its dull?

and the vaccume feeling is when its in my ass, when im aspirating the needle. they say usually some white liquid will come out, I guess I might get a little, but the plunger dosent really want to pull back.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
As i understand, asperiting is to make sure you're not in a vein like a smack junkie. I would assume that if you were in a vein and pulled the plunger back blood would flow in pretty easily. I worry when i inject that i don't aspirate hard enough, but after 3 pops i haven't died yet.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
mr.nitrofish said:
when I inject I have to push really hard before it accually peirces. im drawing with the same pin im injecting with, maybe its dull?

and the vaccume feeling is when its in my ass, when im aspirating the needle. they say usually some white liquid will come out, I guess I might get a little, but the plunger dosent really want to pull back.

You might just have some bad pins....what brand? i draw and inject with the same on occassion i'll have the pin not want to go right in but rarely. When you aspirate you don't "literally pull" back on the plunger. Just barely do it for a second. You might see some bubbles or a flash of clear but it's ok as long as it's not blood.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
mr.nitrofish said:

Oracle said he gets that vacuum feeling too when his boyfriend is behind him. :D

Anyways, the plunger shouldnt pull back easy. It will if you are in a vein though. It will fill with blood and you really wont even have to pull on it. Afetr sticking it in, gently pull back ont he plunger. The syringe will fill with clear bubbles. Then your okay to shoot.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
When I aspirate, the plunger doesnt' move, Do i need to use lube? J/K. Seriously though, It doesn't move back at all, and i see no bubbles.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I would think you are good to go at that point when you are in a vein you will get blood in the syringe with only a bit of pressure when you pull back on the plunger

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
steve0085 said:
When I aspirate, the plunger doesnt' move, Do i need to use lube? J/K. Seriously though, It doesn't move back at all, and i see no bubbles.

It's O.K. not to have bubbles, and it is also common to sometimes have resistance when pulling back on the plunger. You are mainly looking for blood, which, as stated is a sign that you have punctured a vein. The bubbles from aspirating are very small (almost foamy..sort of) so you might not even see them really. Just pop, pull back slighty, look for blood in the syringe, and if there isn't any, push in your gear (slowly).