©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Study: Walnuts Make Bad Cholesterol Harmless

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Thinking about the whole eating nuts thing....I don't think I've ever read a study showing nuts to have a negative effect on our body's. I imagine if in excess, like most anything, especially if eating way over maintenance calories, it may not be ideal, but if people are able to add them in, I think it will always be a good thing.

May not always be ideal for "contest prep," but all other facets of eating, I thjink they are a win-win:)

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
I feel the ONLY issue with nuts is that they're so easy to overeat....the serving size is a fucking joke.. i mean seriously, who eats 1 serving??? im not even getting warmed up with 1 serving....LOL

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I feel the ONLY issue with nuts is that they're so easy to overeat....the serving size is a fucking joke.. i mean seriously, who eats 1 serving??? im not even getting warmed up with 1 serving....LOL

Right?! I bought roasted walnut oil. The brand is La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil. The flavor of this brand is amazing! It could go with so many foods.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, that's my problem too. It's so easy to overeat them, it drives up the calories real quick and easy. I mean, I am able to control the intake most of the time, or if cutting down and calories are watched, but i'd rather eat more:D

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I am a big fan of walnuts. I like the oil as well. The only negative is the calories as it's hard not to overeat them!

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Yea, that's my problem too. It's so easy to overeat them, it drives up the calories real quick and easy. I mean, I am able to control the intake most of the time, or if cutting down and calories are watched, but i'd rather eat more:D

I am the same so I don't eat them as much now. Cashews are the worst for me. Almonds are much easier to control. Walnuts have a very high omega 3 content so I like to buy them but it's easy to go overboard. Don't get my started on peanut butter :eek:

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Only problem I have with walnuts is they instantly give me the worst heartburn I’ve ever had. The absolute second the first mouthful hits my stomach, it takes off. Nothing seems to control it, at least not that I’ve found. Not the pills, antacids, baking soda, etc. I’ve tried them all to no avail.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Only problem I have with walnuts is they instantly give me the worst heartburn I’ve ever had. The absolute second the first mouthful hits my stomach, it takes off. Nothing seems to control it, at least not that I’ve found. Not the pills, antacids, baking soda, etc. I’ve tried them all to no avail.

Try the Roasted Walnut Oil that I listed above!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I saw the other day Black Walnut Syrup.
Suposed to taste as good and sweet as maple but also has a nutty flavor

ds44

Donating Member
Jun 7, 2012
I get the pre packaged planters heart healthy nuts. Great mix and serving size is set for you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I eat a handful of mixed nuts everynight with my last meal. I get walnuts, almonds and cashews.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Found the walnut oil at Walmart of all places. Made up a batch of vinaigrette dressing with it. Tastes really good. Thanks for the heads up Bio.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Walnuts are probably my favorite nut because I enjoy the taste but I can also portion control. The same for almonds and pecans. I also like macadamias but a bit too much! I buy a few different bags and mix them together.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Walnuts are probably my favorite nut because I enjoy the taste but I can also portion control. The same for almonds and pecans. I also like macadamias but a bit too much! I buy a few different bags and mix them together.
Love macadamias but they are a bit pricy

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk