©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS...FACT OR FICTION?

geardepot

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jun 8, 2018
I was in my local GNC yesterday (I will occasionally shop there when I need vitiamins or protein ASAP), and overheard a couple of teens talking about "OTC testosterone boosters". One was asking the other if they really worked. When I started in this game, there were no OTC testosterone boosters (only the pharmaceutical kind)! And I can honeslty say I have never tried them. But the market is flooded with these products now, some of them making (IMHO) ridiculous
claims. Increased stanima, increased libido, and increasing total testosterone by 200-300% with no negative side effects! After doing a little research, I found an article:
https://www.myoleanfitness.com/5-science-backed-testosterone-boosters/ that touts 5 testosterone boosters that are backed by science. But as we all know..."the proof is in the pudding" so to speak. So I'd like to hear back from you guys. Are there any of you have tried an OTC testosterone booster and found it effective in boosting your test levels? Did you have blood work done to
confirm? Did you experience any negative side effects? Honestly...it's my gut feeling that if these products really did what they claimed, the FDA would ban them.
Thanks,
GD

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I've not seen anything OTC in awhile. Back in the early 90's there was a product called EndoPro that some guys had success with but it later was reported that it contained Cyclofenil.

Jph30

Dec 10, 2018
When I was still natty, and started getting to the age of diminishing test levels, I tried every natural test booster you could find. Some would increase libido a little, but the results were always short lived. After wasting probably thousands on miscellaneous bull shit supplements, I finally joined the dark side.

You are exactly correct......if a product actually did increase testosterone levels significantly, the FDA would ban it in a heart beat.

Thermo

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2019
East Coast
When I was still natty, and started getting to the age of diminishing test levels, I tried every natural test booster you could find. Some would increase libido a little, but the results were always short lived. After wasting probably thousands on miscellaneous bull shit supplements, I finally joined the dark side.

You are exactly correct......if a product actually did increase testosterone levels significantly, the FDA would ban it in a heart beat.

----I'm so with you. If I can only have the money back I spent on the al-natural, I'd have one impressive stash box of Gear :)

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I would rather spend my money on the real stuff! I plan to be on trt for the rest of my life.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
They can be useful after cycle when your test is low. Although these days I blast and cruise so I have no use for them.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I know there have been some decent studies on mucuna seed and ashwagandha root.

Nyoco

Jul 3, 2017
Personally I´m looking for a libido boost in these kinds of products since I fucked myself up by using Dutasteride for hairloss. Nothing so far has had any positive effects, here´s a study done on the usual suspects:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731873/

"All the plants in this review have exhibited significant pharmacological activity" says the conclusion, what they forgot to mention or add was "in mice or rats".

I know Dante over at PM mentioned 12mg/day of Boron to raise free test, and has a product with Bulbine Nataliensis but I can´t comment on those since I haven´t tried them. I´ve had some success in estrogen control from herbals so they can have a positive effect.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
As a whole I think most herbal test boosters are a waste of money. Nevertheless, there are some ingredients that have some potential uses. Although as posted above they are best taken after cycle when test is low. I haven't taken it but I noticed Man Power by Axe & Sledge recently. Something like that with multiple ingredients could give a good boost. I am not stating to buy it as I have never used it but looking at the ingredient panel it could be useful. If anyone does try it let me know how it goes.

geardepot

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks guys! So I believe the consensus is OTC testosterone boosters (for the most part) are BS! And that backs up my statement that if there was a truly effective OTC test booster, the FDA would be there in a heartbeat to ban it!
GD

geardepot

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks guys! So I believe the consensus is OTC testosterone boosters (for the most part) are BS! And that backs up my statement that if there was a truly effective OTC test booster, the FDA would be there in a heartbeat to ban it!
GD

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
long jack seems to work a tiny bit for me

I also had ok results from long jack. I stay on test all year now so there is no need for me to use boosters. If I did still come off I would try one of the new ones. It's not a test booster but I keep hearing laxogenin is great for muscle building and that is a natural product made from a plant. It could even be worth using for aas users.