©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dorian Says Brandon Curry Wouldn't Beat The 90's Top 6

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND_WeuDkIiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xws4PjFalPA

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Just watched both videos. The 2nd video includes everything he said. He wasn't lying but it must be annoying for Curry to hear everyone state how weak the line up was this year. All he could do was win on the day but if you compare him to the 5 guys Dorian mentioned he isn't as complete as any of them. Dorian also stated last year as well so he thinks Shaun Rhoden wouldn't beat them either.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Funny you would post this. It correlates with the "JAY" thread I posted previously to this.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I think Dorian is right. Think of Dorian, Ronnie, Flex, Levrone, Nasser, Dillett, Ray, Priest, etc.

cobraforce

Jul 12, 2013
tennessee
No matter what the line up was curry still won so he isnt gonna let this steal his thunder I saw him the other day in nashville he is huge

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
No matter what the line up was curry still won so he isnt gonna let this steal his thunder I saw him the other day in nashville he is huge

I agree. I think he has a very pleasing physique as well. It's just when you go back and look at the guys in the 90's, they were just incredible. Keep in mind, one of the greatest Mr. Olympia's kicked off the 90's as well, Lee Haney! Lee won the '90 and '91 Olympia. Then came Dorian, Then came Ronnie...Flex Wheeler should have won at least one but that's another discussion. All the top contenders had incredible physiques as well.

Each era has incredible physiques. The one thing I see now is competitors not coming in shredded. I'd rather see a little size sacrificed and see a competitor come in razor sharp!!

Last edited:

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I think Dorian is right. Think of Dorian, Ronnie, Flex, Levrone, Nasser, Dillett, Ray, Priest, etc.

Yeah. That’s a tough group to beat.
Guys were better in the 90’s. Is that because bodybuilding was the only muscle sport so there was a larger pool of athletes into it?
Now, so many are in 212, physique, classic.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I totally agree with DORIAN. The last few years these guys don't look complete to me. Lacking body parts, poor conditioning. One think I did like seeing on CURRY was that nice tight waist line.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I feel sorry for Curry as he beat everyone he needed to but he has received a lot of criticism since winning. This doesn't really happen in other sports.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I feel sorry for Curry as he beat everyone he needed to but he has received a lot of criticism since winning. This doesn't really happen in other sports.

True. Next year there’s a good chance he’ll be up against Phil Heath. If he beats Phil he’ll get that earned respect.
Phil posted this pic today on Instagram with Dexter.
Look at those arms.

Attachments

• 4A71C26A-40B8-475A-9CDB-C6324E0BE4BA.jpeg
    4A71C26A-40B8-475A-9CDB-C6324E0BE4BA.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 17

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
I saw that and after consideration I agree. The industry and competition has changed and not for the better. The current guys do not have shit on the older generation.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
The full interview has been posted on here. I watched it all. I did agree with what he said about the 90's versus today. Most of the guys looked at least 2 weeks out. Well maybe 4 weeks out as most are ready by 2 weeks out! I think Curry will be more conditioned next year but maybe he will play the size game with Phil coming back. They all choose fullness over condition these days.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Curry to me is similar to Levrone on a bad day minus another 10-20% (legs). He has the size and fullness just lacks the condition but has the potential to get to that level. If Phil can sort out his stomach it's still his to lose next year.