©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Doseage and drawing

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
chromedome said:
Probably a dumb question but one that has bothered me so here goes. When you draw a particular dose into the syringe, does the amount that remains in the needle count toward that dose? Because if you were to draw 1cc and pull the needle out of the vial and then draw back on the plunger, the little bit of gear left in the needle goes into the syringe
and puts you past the 1cc mark on the syringe.
NEVER a dumb question here,dummy? dummys dont ask at all.
your cuttin, nuts man.whats in the pin dont count.
If pulling back on the plunger puts you past the 1cc mark then stop drawing with an 8g needle. :)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
chromedome said:
Probably a dumb question but one that has bothered me so here goes. When you draw a particular dose into the syringe, does the amount that remains in the needle count toward that dose? Because if you were to draw 1cc and pull the needle out of the vial and then draw back on the plunger, the little bit of gear left in the needle goes into the syringe and puts you past the 1cc mark on the syringe.

1cc is 1cc bro...your looking too much into it

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
there is a little gear left in the pin, but its very insignificant. not anymore than you squirt out to lube the pin. i wouldn't worry about it.

P

pincrusher

that little bit that stays in the syringe is actually not counted towards the 1ml you are drawing. this is the reason why some manufacturers end up having their multi use vials seem to be underfilled when in reality they may hold exactly 10ml. if you draw out 10 seperate dosages of 1ml from the vial, each dosage will leave slightly less that 1/10th of a ml in the syringe so after 9 draws you will not be able to get much out for your 10th injection. best way to measure the waste is to pull back on the lpunger after your done injectiong and have pulled the pin out of your body and measure what line it goes to.