AnaSCI - Fitness Evolved

Buy Needles and Syringes with NO PRESCRIPTION   Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products   Cheap Pure Supplements

©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2019

Synthetek Syntherol  

Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Log Out

AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved

Automatic Translations (Powered by Yandex):
Albanian Belarusian Catalan Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Hungarian Italian Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Norwegian Portuguese Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Turkish Ukrainian

Go Back   Anabolic Steroids Discussion and Bodybuilding Forum > Diet, Nutrition & Supps Section > Diet, Nutrition & Supplements Discussion

high cholesterol and trigycerides.....
Old
  (#1)
firetodd5

high cholesterol and trigycerides..... - 06-08-2005, 11:48 AM

my dad has high cholesterol and high triglycerides and I was wondering if anyone knew anything that he could take or a good diet for him. Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
Freejay

06-08-2005, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetodd5
my dad has high cholesterol and high triglycerides and I was wondering if anyone knew anything that he could take or a good diet for him. Thanks.
Eat oatmeal, Take a good garlic pill daily. There are also natural supps like policosanol. The triglicerides being high are much more concerning than the cholesterol. He needs to be careful with his carb intake, and should probably avoid things like soft drinks, beer, etc. Exercise of course is important.

American Bad Ass!! :rockon:

Old
  (#3)
Bizarro
Oracle's my Mod

06-08-2005, 12:24 PM

I recommend having your father get a more detailed lab-workup on his cholesterol results. I just found out I have high total chol -- my HDL is ok but my LDL is high. When I got a more detailed analysis of the breakdown of the HDL, it was my Lp(a) which is a component that CANNOT be influenced by diet and exercise. In other words, no matter how much garlic, oatmeal, low carbs I ingest it wont make a damn bit of difference.....

If you think education is expensive try ignorance.

Old
  (#4)
firetodd5

06-08-2005, 12:39 PM

thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Any more input would be great.

Old
  (#5)
Freejay

06-08-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro
I recommend having your father get a more detailed lab-workup on his cholesterol results. I just found out I have high total chol -- my HDL is ok but my LDL is high. When I got a more detailed analysis of the breakdown of the HDL, it was my Lp(a) which is a component that CANNOT be influenced by diet and exercise. In other words, no matter how much garlic, oatmeal, low carbs I ingest it wont make a damn bit of difference.....
This is true. In many cases, only Statin drugs will bring it down.

American Bad Ass!! :rockon:

Old
  (#6)
Iron Warrior
AnaSCI MEMBER

06-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Red Rice Yeast Extract is similar to statin drugs and is pretty effective at 2400 mg. Just make sure you take CoQ-10 with it because it depletes CoQ-10 levels in the body. Policosanol is another good product at 20 mg. a day, and definitely have him that oatmeal like it's candy.