©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Help with protein powders..?

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Hey bro's.......what's yalls favorite protein mix..? what is the best tasting, easy- mix..(with a spoon) protein supplement..? I don't even know what's popular anymore.......... :confused:

thanks bro's.... :)

Zaven

May 18, 2005
GoTjUiCe said:
optimum nutrition is really good and it taste great... they have a new rocky road flavor that is the Shiznit...
I try to get most my protein from food but sometimes a shake is all I have time for..........I'll have to give optimum a go, I've heard good things.....

GoTjUiCe

Aug 7, 2005
21 in arms
Zaven said:
I try to get most my protein from food but sometimes a shake is all I have time for..........I'll have to give optimum a go, I've heard good things.....

yeah its really good... i have a supplement store and i can get like any kind i want and i stick with optimum nutrition... if you are interested in some supps later let me know and we can work out a deall... make you a very good price..

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I wouldn't recommend a protein that contains only whey. You need a protein that contains all the amino acids required for muscle growth & repair. To accomplish this, you need a protein that contains whey, casein and egg protein. A mixture of 60% whey, 30% casein and 10% egg is about right. You can buy them separate and mix them, or buy one that contains all of them. Pro blend 55 or Isobolic protein appears to be good pre-mixed brands.

GoTjUiCe

Aug 7, 2005
21 in arms
tee said:
I wouldn't recommend a protein that contains only whey. You need a protein that contains all the amino acids required for muscle growth & repair. To accomplish this, you need a protein that contains whey, casein and egg protein. A mixture of 60% whey, 30% casein and 10% egg is about right. You can buy them separate and mix them, or buy one that contains all of them. Pro blend 55 or Isobolic protein appears to be good pre-mixed brands.

yeah thats true but if he is having his right meals he would be fine with the egg and casein... casein is best in morning time and night time since its a slow releaseing protein. if you drink alot of milk and eat alot of eggs then you will have those sources down... another good casein protein is cottage cheese or dry dairy milk... good quote tee ;-)

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
GoTjUiCe said:
yeah thats true but if he is having his right meals he would be fine with the egg and casein... casein is best in morning time and night time since its a slow releaseing protein. if you drink alot of milk and eat alot of eggs then you will have those sources down... another good casein protein is cottage cheese or dry dairy milk... good quote tee ;-)

Yes, you can get the casein and egg from food, but you would need to eat that stuff throughout the day as well as morning and night with your whey protein. With whey alone, you do not get alll 22 required amino acids needed to build & maintain muscle. Studies show that whey exerts little or no anti-catabolic properties, where casein protects muscle breakdown. Also, whey has been shown to actually reduce the levels of amino acids in the blood to levels that were lower than before you actually took it. This is because whey hits the blood stream too rapidly for the body to handle. One's body uses about 40% of the injested whey for energy, and the rest is usually excreted unless its a part of a blend.

Should we just forget to use whey? No, whey! lol (Get it) :p Okay, I'll stick to my babbling. Whey is great for fat loss, the immune system, and delivering the aminos when they need to be delivered fast! (Like after a workout). Thats why most recommend a mixed protein of at least whey and casein. Together, they are utilized much better by the body, and provide all essential 22 amino acids required for bbers to maintain muscle and grow.

GoTjUiCe

Aug 7, 2005
21 in arms
so the best thing for you to do is take in casein in morning, and evening. egg in morning. and whey several times during day especially before and after workouts. thats the most crucial time to take whey protein.

GoTjUiCe

Aug 7, 2005
21 in arms
sesso said:
whats your thoughts on muscle milk. i really like it a lot.

muscle milk taste is awesome... its just not for the people trying to watch their carbs... really good protein though since it has colostrum protein in it....

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
right on.. its all i wanna buy now because i am scare other brands wont taste as good. i have had many diffkinds and eas bulk up is thee only other one that tasted OK... but MM i look forward to drinking.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
tee said:
Agree w/Tee.
I use Biochem ULTIMATE PROTIEN SYSTEM.Top shelf stuff for all the right reasons (like the ones Tee mentioned)