©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Former Mr. Universe Busted for Steroids and HGH

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Milos Sarcev, a prominent California bodybuilder and former Mr. Universe was indicted last year in an alleged conspiracy to import illegal steroids and possesion of human growth hormone (HGH) from Thailand. Sarcev was indicted along with two other men, Dennis Tyron James and Admir Kantarevic, by a federal grand jury in Des Moines, Iowa.

Sarcev, who in addition to holding numerous bodybuilding titles, has graced the covers of all the bodybuilding magazines over the years. Sarcev is friends with Victor Conte Jr., the president of the infamous Balco Labs. Conte faces federal drug and money laundering charges himself in San Francisco. Sarcev stood up for Conte back when Conte's indictment was announced by U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft. Sarcev designed workouts for some of Conte's prominent clients.

Federal court papers filed in November in Des Moines charge Sarcev, James and Kantarevic with a conspiracy to import anabolic steroids between February and April 2003. Kantarevic alone is charged with possession with an intent to distribute.

Last week, on Friday June 24, 2005, U.S. District Judge James Gritzner granted a motion made by Sarcev and James to have their trial separate from defendant Admir Kantarevic.

All three were scheduled for trial July 6 in federal court in Des Moines. But Rick Collins, attorney for James and Sarcev, argued for the separation based on incriminating statements Kantarevic made to investigators after his arrest.

If all three were tried together, the statements could infringe on the Sixth Amendment rights of Sarcev and James to confront their accuser and confuse the jury, Collins said.

Sarcev's home was raided last year. Federal agents seized his computer and other items. Collins has denied that Sarcev is a steroid dealer. Collins stated he has, "yet to see a shred of proof that my client had anything to do with this case."

Reports of a grand jury investigation into bodybuilding surfaced over a year ago, when grand jury subpoenas were handed to a number of bodybuilders at Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's annual bodybuilding event in Ohio. After casting a wide net, the investigation apparently has narrowed down to only three indictments. Sarcev's lawyer, Rick Collins, said he understands the indictment is based on "one single box of steroids that was found in the mail."

The charges carry a maximum penalty of five years in prison or a $250,000 fine, or both, according to the U.S. Attorney's office in Des Moines.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Another case of our shitty government wasting our tax dollars pursuing politically motivated, victimless crimes. :fawk2:

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
MaSTa LifTa said:
Sarcev's lawyer, Rick Collins, said he understands the indictment is based on "one single box of steroids that was found in the mail."

Ya, I especially like this part. One box of steroids and that's it? That box better be a pretty freakin' big box to get charged with dealing HGH and AAS.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
MaSTa LifTa said:
Ya, I especially like this part. One box of steroids and that's it? That box better be a pretty freakin' big box to get charged with dealing HGH and AAS.
The little pussies that hit his house are just jealous that they're puney and couldnt get a chick with $2,000 in their wallet and a Ferrari.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Exactly, they just want to make a statement to everyone who uses AAS and what better way than to bust a Mr. Universe?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
MaSTa LifTa said:
Exactly, they just want to make a statement to everyone who uses AAS and what better way than to bust a Mr. Universe?
Thats exactly what they did. I hope they lose their ass in court like most of their steroid cases they file on people.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
ORACLE said:
Mr. Universe....taking steroids.....really?

I know, when I read that I was like wtf, I thought those guys were natural. I had a hard time even believing it!!

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
MaSTa LifTa said:
I know, when I read that I was like wtf, I thought those guys were natural. I had a hard time even believing it!!

I thought they had really good genetics