©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

646 pound catfish caught

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Fish Tale: Thais Catch 646-Pound Fish By DANIEL LOVERING, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 53 minutes ago

BANGKOK, Thailand - This big one did not get away. Thai fishermen netted a 646-pound catfish believed to have been the world's largest freshwater fish ever caught in Thailand, a researcher said Thursday.

The nearly 9-foot-long Mekong giant catfish was landed May 1 by villagers in Chiang Khong, a remote district in northern Thailand, and weighed by Thai fisheries department officials, said Zeb Hogan, who leads an international project to locate and study the world's largest freshwater fish species.

He confirmed it was the heaviest fish on record since Thailand started keeping such statistics in 1981.

The fishermen had hoped to sell the fish to environmental groups, which planned to release it to spawn upriver, but it died before it could be handed over and then was chopped up and sold in pieces to villagers as food.

Hogan, whose work is funded by the World Wildlife Fund and the National Geographic Society, said he is planning to write a paper about the catch for a scientific journal.

"That's the best way to document this kind of thing," he told The Associated Press by telephone.

The Mekong giant catfish was listed as critically endangered in 2003 after research showed its numbers had fallen by at least 80 percent in the past 13 years.

Fishermen believe the catfish species has been declining largely because of dams and environmental damage along the Mekong River — home to more species of giant fish than any other river, said an earlier statement by WWF and the society

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
holy shit that is a big fish any pictures ??? wow musta taken a few guys to get that on into the boat.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
It was tee on cycle taking a swim in the nude...post a pic of you bro

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
max lift said:
lol, I was going to add that we now know know where thay dump all the seized gear,

And when they say "it's in the water" isn't just a saying

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
MaSTa LifTa said:
Oracle you just wanna see a nude pic of tee!

I don't know bro...your the one always hanging on tee's every word and nuts...maybe we should change your name to Masta-bata

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
ORACLE said:
I don't know bro...your the one always hanging on tee's every word and nuts...maybe we should change your name to Masta-bata
LOL :D

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
ORACLE said:

Can't hang on Tee's nuts cause they're always in your mouth O. :D

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
MaSTa LifTa said:

Aw, dont pick on O. He's a great guy. I pat him on the head as he blows me :D

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
MaSTa LifTa said:

Wow your really getting off on talking dirty about tee huh?

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
tee said:
Aw, dont pick on O. He's a great guy. I pat him on the head as he blows me :D

LOL. He deserves 2 be picked on after putting me 1000 points in the hole

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
MaSTa LifTa said:
LOL. He deserves 2 be picked on after putting me 1000 points in the hole
Ya, I tried to steal what he took from me back, and I lost even more. The prick!!! :D