©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

T3 Questions

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I've read a lot about T3 and I've gotten a lot of different ideas on how to run it. Some say it shouldn't be run longer than 2 weeks and others say 6. I've also read that you got to taper down the dosages for most of the cycle. How long should it be run and what kind of dosing schedules should one use. Also, what kind of off time needs to be taken in between. What kind of diet should one use with a Clen T3 cycle.

beachbum

Jun 5, 2005
You can use T3 (Cytomel) for up to a max of 6 weeks, never any longer or you could permanently mess up your thyroid. Take one 25mcg tablet on the first day then increase the dose by one tablet every 3 to 4 days. The max dose per day should never be over 100mcg. You should also try to evenly split the doses throughout the day. To come off you should reverse the process, decrease dose by one tablet every 3 to 4 days. Never just stop taking it you must gradually come off or again, you could really mess yourself up. Your off time should be a bare minimum of 6 weeks, 8 to 10 weeks would be best. For your diet you should try to eat clean but T3 is so strong it will work even if your diet is sloppy. - T3 is a heavy duty drug, if you don't have much experience with AAS start out with Triacana or Synthroid. Hope that helps.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Here is a read about T3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author Unknown

Formula for Cycling and Dosing T3
One subject that keeps coming up that many people have difficulty is with properly dosing and tapering T3.

Now while THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for the persistent rumor that improper t3 use will shut down your thyroid forever, it is also not something to take lightly and like all AAS, should be respected. Ive come up with a formula based on the research Ive done, and both theory as well as practical experience point that it should work well for your fat burning goals as well as give you a proper taper so that the thyroid is able to recover its normal function as quickly as possible. The key to this is having a long enough taper coming off of it. Since originally designing this formula some will note that I have taken 5% off of the ramp period and placed it toward the back taper instead - this is because I have become convinced that in the presences of exogeneous supplementation, the thyroid shuts down fairly quickly and so the better to spend that time on the taper down.

NOTE 1: If you have never used T3 before, it is suggested that you lessen your constant time and increase your ramp up period to determine your reaction to t3 before heavy use.

NOTE 2: Synthroid (t4) may also be used to good effect with this formula but of course the maximums are different -usually t4 converts to t3 at around a 4.5:1 ratio.

Its pretty simple really – 5/40/55 is a time-based formula whereby X% of the time of the entire cycle should be spent in one of 3 periods – up/constant/down:

RULE – 1
5% of the time is spent ramping up to your maximum
40% of the time is at your maximum
55% of the time is spent ramping down to cessation (nothing)

RULE – 2
Each up/down period is further broken down into equal segments for each dosing level with the emphasis being the dosing level toward the end of the period.

RULE – 3
I dont ever recommend taking more than 125mcg per day and 100mcg will do for most. Above this amount is quite catabolic without hefty concurrent doses of AAS. There are those who advocate higher doses and it is feasible to do so but IMO the effectiveness gains above 100mcg are not worth it.

An example for a 20-day cycle with a max of 100mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Calculate the number of days of each period first (Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period. (.5) means 1/2 a pill or 12.5mcg

UP CONST DOWN
4 days 6 days 10days
5% 40% 55%
2 44444444 33222111.5.5.5

An example for a 60-day cycle with a max of 125mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period.

UP CONST DOWN
12 days 18days 30days
5% 40% 55%
234 555555555555555555555555 44444433333322222221111111.5.5.5.5.5.5.5

Hope this helps someone!

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
So how's this sound.
Day 1: 25mcg T3
Day 2: 37.5mcg T3
Day 3: 50mcg T3
day 4: 75mcg T3
day 5-21: 75mcg T3
Day 22-25: 62.5mcg T3
Day 26-29: 50mcg T3
Day 30-33: 37.5mcg T3
Day 34-37: 25mcg T3
Day 38-42: 12.5 mcg T3

This combined with Clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off two weeks on. Would this be effective for cutting fat?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Steve,
In reading more updated info on T3, I have been hearing that ramping up and down is not needed other than a possible ramp up the first time to see how your body reacts to it, and a short ramp down of 2 weeks is still used at times. A good dose should be 50-75mcgs throughout, and not to go over 100mcgs. Here is an exerpt from a study basically saying that ramping shouldnt have any effect. No ramping was done in this study, and the thyroid still returned to normal within 2 weeks.

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days"

N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4 Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.

Anyone else with any other info?

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I didn't really think that tapering off would do anything to help return thyroid function. I am just worried about a rebound effect of gaining a whole bunch of fat after I stop taking the T3. What would be your advice on that?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
You need to keep your diet clean. A lot of people that have taken it gain back fat because they do not alter their previous way of eating that caused the fat to begin with.

Jun 19, 2005
If you keep your diet clean should be ok, its if you eat crappy becuse the t3 lets you get away and then you stop but eat the same..then it will get you.