©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Umbilical Hernia

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
Well As If My Luck Couldnt Get Any Shittier. Yesterday At Work While Lifting Some Shit I Felt A Tear And A Pop In My Stomach. Right Away I Knew What It Was But I Didnt Want To Admit It. I Decided To Go To The Doc Today Incase It Was Severe Workmans Comp Could Cover It And Ill Be Damned If I Dont Have An Umbilical Hernia. Now I Have To Go See A Surgeon And Was Told To Not Lift Anything Over 5lbs. Thats Not Even The Pink Weights At The Gym. Wtf

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
that sucks sarge when i had my hernia i had already gained 10lbs in 6 months all natual and once the hernia came along i lost all of it in about a month.. my doc told me i could go on lifting until the surgery he said that i couldnt make it any worse mine was right above '' jr.'' and a little to the right.. i hate to tell you this bro but i couldnt lift anything after the surgery for about 3 months with out it not killing me with pain the doc said 6 weeks but for me it just wasnt possiable

my thoughts and sympathy are with you. sorry bro!

P

pincrusher

i had an umbilical hernia last year. the good part about it is that recovery is much much faster than a regular hernia. they will cut you right below the belly button and have them use the mesh for the surgery. my recovery consisted of 3 weeks out of the gym then i started back up with light weights for about 3 weks till i could go full out. you will find that on chest day you will not be able to go really heavy for about 6-8 weeks because it really puts a big strain on the abs. same thing with legs & back exercises. for arms try to do exercises where you are sitting down so you dont have to use your abs to stablize your body while performing the lift.

all told i was fully recovered and lifting heavy again about 6 weeks after surgery with the exception of a ffew exercises that took slightly longer

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
Yeah I Was Reading About The Mesh Im Def Going To Ask The Surgeon About That When I Talk To Him. The Reg Doc Said Surgery Might Not Be Necessarry But Shit If Its There I Want It Fixed You Know.

P

pincrusher

i was given the option for mesh or not but the way the surgeon explained it to me, without the mesh it may pop out again because of what i do. with the mesh i should be pretty worry free that it will ever happen again. only thing is that the mesh will leave a little hard spot under the skin that you can feel. not sure if it will be visible if at a very low bf& though?
the surgery was done as an outpatient service and i went in at 10am and left the hospital at 3pm. had some pain for 3-4 days but nothing a few perks wouldnt help. i would take 2 perks before i tried to get out of bed in the morning and wait about 1/2 hour before they set in or the pain was pretty bad when pulling myself up to get out of bed. the doc should also tell you to move around as much as you can each day after the surgery instead of just laying in bed.

Last edited:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
BIGSARGE said:
Thats Not Even The Pink Weights At The Gym. Wtf

That's more than your normal workout weights anyway right? Man that really does suck i hope you a speedy recovery

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
good luck sarge.Had one last year. Dr's tell you 'no sweat','well fix you riiiiight up....They dont really telll you how traumatic a razor to the skin is."pricks".
months later I was wondering when my nerves were going to connect again?
I still cant feel 1" inch on either side of the incision...It was a motherfugger at the time,but you get over it....Hope yours is less bothersome...certainly less bothersome than the damn hernia....gotta do it.