©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

popped my quad cherry

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Here's where I shot it (inside the circle):
quad2.jpg

It felt like I hit a nerve about 1 inch in. Stung like hell then I pressed in a little deeper and aspirated. Didn't bleed much, but I got light headed and sick feeling in the stomach and started sweating. Did I hit a vein or was it just my nerves?

I was a little stiff at first but now it feels OK.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
:yesway: :clap: congrats bro that shit makes me qwizzy, i had the exact feeling the other day with feeling sick and all but i didnt have no pain thanks for the pic i guess i'm next come tomorrow

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
i think i will shoot mine just a little higher,i got chicken legs dont want to end up hitting bone ..lol

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I went a little too far to the right I think, and I really don't know how high it is OK to shoot. I remember when I first shot my glute myself - I was nervous as hell.

Def more difficult than the glutes, we'll see how the next couple days go.

W

wolfyEVH

i shoot mine at the top outside of my quad....like a few inches below the hip.......

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
wolfyEVH said:
i shoot mine at the top outside of my quad....like a few inches below the hip.......

I was going by tee's advice - I let my arms hang to the side and went where my middle finger touched. I def went a little too far to the right. It doesn't hurt now - but I took an ECA before going to the gym today so I won't really know until late tonight I guess.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
gregdiesel said:
I was going by tee's advice - I let my arms hang to the side and went where my middle finger touched. I def went a little too far to the right. It doesn't hurt now - but I took an ECA before going to the gym today so I won't really know until late tonight I guess.
You must have LONG arms. It looks low to me. (Hard to tell with that camera angle though) Maybe I just have stubby arms :D Anyways, congrats.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
My middle finger hits about mid thigh when I let my arm hang to the side.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
it's about 3" up from where the cut of the quad is. so go higher bro? was that a nerve I hit while inserting?

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
wolfyEVH said:

Yeah...I think he was to far over and too far down. I like the middle of the quad pretty high up. I don't think you hit a nerve bro, but you probably just had a nervous reaction to doing your quad pop. It will get easier.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Oh I had a nervous reaction alright! lol But I did hit something about an inch in, I've hit something like that in the glute before - scared the shit out of me!

I will hit the left quad tues, and go a little higher and more central.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
There is more nerves in the quad. With some practice, you'll find the "Sweet spot."

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
mr.nitrofish said:
just wondering why did you choose the quads?

b/c I've been a pussy for 5 years and only shot the glutes. the quads are the next best place from what I've read and I'm shooting too much gear that I need another place to do it.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Bro That's The Wrong Side Of Your Thigh. Your Suppossed To Do The Outside Of Your Thigh Not The Inside. When Your Sitting Down Your Leg Is Suppossed To Lay Straight Not Bent Outwards. Wolfy Is Right About Putting The Middle Finger At Your Knee then extend your thumb upwards where your thumb lands is the general area BUT On The Upper Outer Part Of Your Thigh definitly NOT THE INSIDE.

Last edited:

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
ORACLE said:
Bro That's The Wrong Side Of Your Thigh. Your Suppossed To Do The Outside Of Your Thigh Not The Inside. When Your Sitting Down Your Leg Is Suppossed To Lay Straight Not Bent Outwards. Wolfy Is Right About Putting The Middle Finger At Your Knee then extend your thumb upwards where your thumb lands is the general area BUT On The Upper Outer Part Of Your Thigh definitly NOT THE INSIDE.

Bro I'm sure I'm in the right general area, I took the pic after the shot and turned my right leg (foot pointed left) to show where. If I stand and let my arms hang down it was exactly where my middle finger touched on the outside of my leg. I had read that Tee prefered it slightly to the right and I did that but went a little too far.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
gregdiesel said:
Oh I had a nervous reaction alright! lol But I did hit something about an inch in, I've hit something like that in the glute before - scared the shit out of me!

I will hit the left quad tues, and go a little higher and more central.

I have hit a nerve before and it aint fun! I actually hit one in the delt once as well. You'll find all the "POP" and "DO NOT POP" spots after a while. I love shooting in the quad personally.