©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Girls are abusing steroids too, experts say

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7633384/

Girls are abusing steroids too, experts say
Teens hoping to lose weight face dangerous health risks

Updated: 6:02 p.m. ET April 25, 2005
TRENTON, N.J. - An alarming number of American girls, some as young as 9, are using bodybuilding steroids — not necessarily to get an edge on the playing field, but to get the toned, sculpted look of models and movie stars, experts say.

Girls are getting their hands on the same dangerous testosterone pills, shots and creams that have created a scandal in major league baseball and other sports. Often, these are the same girls who have eating disorders, according to some research.

“There’s been a substantial increase for girls during the 1990s, and it’s at an all-time high right now,” said Charles Yesalis, a professor of health and human development at Pennsylvania State University.

P

pincrusher

so what makes him an expert on steroid use? what a total crock of shit yet people will believe it. does he have any actual evidence to substanciate(sp?) this bit of info? i highly doubt it.

Kibbles

Aug 5, 2005
Heh... At the end of the article it talks about "steroid and supplement abuse."

One day, there will be people told from day one that taking harmless things such as carnitine, creatine, and alpha-lipoic acid would lead to several fake symptoms. Typical D.A.R.E. strategy.

I bet those who make the policies have barely touched a weight in their lives. :mad:

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
Kibbles said:
Heh... At the end of the article it talks about "steroid and supplement abuse."

One day, there will be people told from day one that taking harmless things such as carnitine, creatine, and alpha-lipoic acid would lead to several fake symptoms. Typical D.A.R.E. strategy.

I bet those who make the policies have barely touched a weight in their lives. :mad:
That reminds me of my battle with vitamin addiction. Every day when I woke up I would pop a vitamin, soon those vitamins led to me stealing from my parrents and breaking into houses so I could pay for my fix(GNC is expensive)