©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Need help with potty training

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
No not me, I mastered it years ago. But, my daughter is going to be 4 in Nov. and although she will pee on the potty, she will not drop the duece in there. She grabs a pullup from the linen closet and goes in there. We have tried rewarding her, bribing her, showing disappointment. My niece has even showed her. Anyone have any advice?

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Wow dude, it sounds like you have done the traditional approaches. An older child showing them often does the trick.
How about hiding the pullups so they are no longer an option. Take them out of the equation and she will have to find an alternative. You might have her sit on it every time Mom sits down too, even if she doesn't have to go. That might alleviate any fear she might have. Avoid the disappointment if you can. Trust me, it will haunt you one day.
Now that my girls are self sufficient, I beat my head on the wall daily because I didn't pick them up and hold them every time they asked me to.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Blackbird said:
No not me, I mastered it years ago. But, my daughter is going to be 4 in Nov. and although she will pee on the potty, she will not drop the duece in there. She grabs a pullup from the linen closet and goes in there. We have tried rewarding her, bribing her, showing disappointment. My niece has even showed her. Anyone have any advice?

Now that is hilarious!!!!!

Prizes work wonders. And yes.....hide those pull-ups......And hide your fruit of the looms too!!!

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Bottom line is they won't start doing it till they're ready. All you can do is teach them to make the connection between the feeling of having to "go" and the act of sitting on the toilet. Once you do that - the rest is up to them.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
imdaman1 said:
Bottom line is they won't start doing it till they're ready. All you can do is teach them to make the connection between the feeling of having to "go" and the act of sitting on the toilet. Once you do that - the rest is up to them.

Didnt you say you just got the hang of it last week?

M

McKenzie

You guys have excellent advice :)

I just love it when men talk baby talk ..... :D

jesok

Sep 17, 2005
It will take time. My oldest trained well... then reverted when my son was born. We had to retrain her and it was terrible. We actually ended up in the ER because she just would not go... and became "impacted". That was the turning point. I hate that it had to be so drastic... but whatever it takes.